Why'd you decide to start collecting?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
benny_holb
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by benny_holb »

Yeah, that's it. Thanks, I couldn't remember what it was.

(Oh, and it's July 16, 2005 that it's released!!!!!111one :D)

--Ben
Spfan22
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Spfan22 »

When the last one came out I remember staying up the whole night reading it. Nevertheless, I finished it in one day
x_tink_x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x_tink_x »

my dad always buys me the new books the first day they come out, i read the first four eevntually but i still aint started the 5th one, spose i better read it by june lol

luv kay xxx
jonathan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jonathan »

I think I got my first autographs back in 1987 and 1988 mainly from the cast of the Christmas Pantos when they were in the bar relaxing after wards. After that I just started to write letters and go to signings.
Back then when I was a kid there used to be someone signing at a shop in town nearly every week.
Mainly footballers and local athletes at the sports shops in town.
Terri_Loves_Usher
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Terri_Loves_Usher »

I loved a show called "Bad Girls" (about a womans prison) so I wrote to two of the actresses in that, ever since then I've always tried to collect ones of people I admire. I stopped after I wrote to a boy band called Blue two times and never got a reply. But then recently I was looking for an address and came across this site and now I have wrote to tons of people I love hopefully to get replies! :D
xx..(``v``)..x..Terri..x..4..x..Usher..x..(``v``)..xx

Post by Guest »

I finished Harry Potter 5 in 3 1/2 hours- but back to the regularly scheduled programming-

I started because my friend and I were obsessed with LotR and HP- and we thought it would be the best thing in the world to write them-

I got autograph happy- and she never really got as interested as I.

Now I write lots of people- not just hp and lotr.
misstiffany
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by misstiffany »

Yeah, sometimes I want to give up writing letters because I never receive replies. But as long as I keep myself occupied, I don't dwell in the autographs that I have not gotten.

Happy collecting.
iceman197431
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by iceman197431 »

I was bored one day and found the address for my all time hero Ally McCoist so I decided to write to him and he sent me a cool signed picture. That was 18 years ago but that was my first. Never bothered again until half way through last year I went to a training session at Ibrox and started again, now I have several signed shirts and loads of photos.
Leigh
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Leigh »

Terri_Loves_Usher wrote:I loved a show called "Bad Girls" (about a womans prison) so I wrote to two of the actresses in that, ever since then I've always tried to collect ones of people I admire. I stopped after I wrote to a boy band called Blue two times and never got a reply. But then recently I was looking for an address and came across this site and now I have wrote to tons of people I love hopefully to get replies! :D
Aw Terri where did you write to Blue that failed? I wrote to Blue literally over 20 times and every time i wrote a had a success. From their very early days up until 2003 they were excellent at responding to fanmail. I sent photos, CDs etc and got them all signed.
Sila
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sila »

The same thing as benny_holb happened to me, except that I began my collection without noticing for a while.
I went to some group signings and I've got plenty of signed CDs and I also have a lot of autographs from my city Football Club.
But a year or so ago, someone told me that I could get an autograph of Colin Firth if i wrote him a letter, so I did and I got my autograph, but I didn't think other celebs did the same, so I let it lie.
And then, last December I was looking for some pictures of Ewan McGregor on the net, and I realized some of them were signed, I opened one of them and I discovered a huge page of autograph succeses and then I went mad thinking how much time I had lost withough sending requests to my idols. So I started inmediately. Since then I got 3 successes, not counting the ones I had before.
It's just a small collection, but I have just started, and it will take a long time until I can call what I've got a collection.