pre print

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
tbucfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

pre print

Post by tbucfan »

"Preprint - photo of a celebrity that was signed once and then reproduced with the signature already on it. NOTE: you can usually tell a preprinted autograph by tilting it towards a light source such as a desk lamp. If the signature blends in with the photo, it's a preprint. "

this is the definition of preprint. not my definition but " the definition." personally if i can see that a preprint matches my auto i will consider it a copy of an authentic and consider mine authentic. there are millions of celebrities out there and if maybe one and there is no proof of one. is a copy of a sec those odds are pretty good odds. that would mean you have a better chance of winning the lottery two weeks straight then getting a preprint that was a copy of a sec. that means to use them as a deciding factor on if an autograph is authentic or not would be a pretty smart thing to do.
VintageJonas17
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: pre print

Post by VintageJonas17 »

I have a pre print of Selena Gomez from Studio Fan Mail
macaoidh

Post by macaoidh »

tbucfan wrote:"Preprint - photo of a celebrity that was signed once and then reproduced with the signature already on it. NOTE: you can usually tell a preprinted autograph by tilting it towards a light source such as a desk lamp. If the signature blends in with the photo, it's a preprint. "

this is the definition of preprint. not my definition but " the definition." personally if i can see that a preprint matches my auto i will consider it a copy of an authentic and consider mine authentic. there are millions of celebrities out there and if maybe one and there is no proof of one. is a copy of a sec those odds are pretty good odds. that would mean you have a better chance of winning the lottery two weeks straight then getting a preprint that was a copy of a sec. that means to use them as a deciding factor on if an autograph is authentic or not would be a pretty smart thing to do.
I'm guessing this is trying to further the argument that was already started in the Sean Connery post. I wrote on there that Humphrey Bogarts secretary sent out pre printed photos of that had a copy of her signature and guess what she actually did. She wrote a book about being his secretary and admited that Mr. Bogart rarely if ever signed ttm. He had her send secretarial and pp photos.

I got this information from the uacc website.
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

I only ever compare ttm autographs against ip's. They're the only autographs you can guarentee are authentic. I suppose most pre-prints are good but not all {thumb2}
whatsthedeal?
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by whatsthedeal? »

This AGAIN? This is getting old. You fail to understand FACTS and ignore them and just keep banging away despite firing blanks? This is incredibly boring.
tbucfan wrote:"Preprint - photo of a celebrity that was signed once and then reproduced with the signature already on it. NOTE: you can usually tell a preprinted autograph by tilting it towards a light source such as a desk lamp. If the signature blends in with the photo, it's a preprint. "
A preprint is a reproduction of a signed photo. Woopy doo, would you like a cookie?

this is the definition of preprint. not my definition but " the definition."
No, what *I* said is the definition. Noy "my" definition. Not "your" definition. But THE definition.
personally if i can see that a preprint matches my auto i will consider it a copy of an authentic and consider mine authentic.

Thats your prerogative and no one has suggested you're not entitled to do this.
there are millions of celebrities out there and if maybe one and there is no proof of one. is a copy of a sec those odds are pretty good odds.
Bogart is the obvious one that has been repeatedly proven, there are others. Or does proof not count as you dont want it to ruin your petty argument?
that would mean you have a better chance of winning the lottery two weeks straight then getting a preprint that was a copy of a sec.
I cant believe this statement. Do you have any idea of the odds of winning the lottery? Its millions to one for the lottery here, so winning the lottery twice would be astronomical odds. So if thats more likely than a PP of a sec thna you really have no grasp on mathematics, or even reality.
that means to use them as a deciding factor on if an autograph is authentic or not would be a pretty smart thing to do.
No, its means its an idiotic thing to do. Even if the PP in question is a copy of an authentic, lots of PPs are out of date and bear no resemblence. So once again, comparing autographs to PPs is idiocy.

Your entire argument holds about as much weight as a promise from a politician.
tbucfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tbucfan »

whats the heel. yo sure make me laugh. thank you for that. you seem like you have to be a rhodes scholar. it makes me feel a great warmth in my heart knowing we come to the same website. matter of fact would you be so kind as to let me get one of your autographs? just make sure you sign it so it doesnt look like any preprints you might have floating around. god knows they are not copies of your real autograph. again thanks for the laughs.
whatsthedeal?
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by whatsthedeal? »

tbucfan wrote:whats the heel. yo sure make me laugh. thank you for that. you seem like you have to be a rhodes scholar. it makes me feel a great warmth in my heart knowing we come to the same website. matter of fact would you be so kind as to let me get one of your autographs? just make sure you sign it so it doesnt look like any preprints you might have floating around. god knows they are not copies of your real autograph. again thanks for the laughs.
Thanks for refusing (again) to comment on any of the points that (again) proved you wrong, and also (again) made yourself look incredibly stupid and arrogant. Backs up everything I've said tonight, and last night.

Also, can you at least try and type with some degree of legibility? You type like a 10 year old, are you 10? You cant be a kid, as you keep telling everyone how great you are and how you know everything. Yet despite all this you type like an idiot.
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

whatsthedeal? wrote:
tbucfan wrote:whats the heel. yo sure make me laugh. thank you for that. you seem like you have to be a rhodes scholar. it makes me feel a great warmth in my heart knowing we come to the same website. matter of fact would you be so kind as to let me get one of your autographs? just make sure you sign it so it doesnt look like any preprints you might have floating around. god knows they are not copies of your real autograph. again thanks for the laughs.
Thanks for refusing (again) to comment on any of the points that (again) proved you wrong, and also (again) made yourself look incredibly stupid and arrogant. Backs up everything I've said tonight, and last night.

Also, can you at least try and type with some degree of legibility? You type like a 10 year old, are you 10? You cant be a kid, as you keep telling everyone how great you are and how you know everything. Yet despite all this you type like an idiot.

i agree with you 100% this guy is acting like an idiot
tbucfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tbucfan »

last night when i was leaving your moms i whispered in your ear how old i was. were you to sleepy to remember?
M:chael
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by M:chael »

tbucfan wrote:last night when i was leaving your moms i whispered in your ear how old i was. were you to sleepy to remember?
What!?