What's your favorite musical?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Ejm1059
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What's your favorite musical?

Post by Ejm1059 »

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Beauty & the Beast -Since I just did the show :mrgreen:
The Producers
The Drowsy Chaperone
Successes: (Minus SFM) Nathan Lane (IP), David Hyde Pierce (IP), Norbert Leo Butz (IP), Jonathan Pryce (IP) Shia LaBeouf (A), Victoria Beckham (A), Orlando Bloom (PP) Judi Dench (A),Daniel Radcliffe (A), Norbert Leo Butz (A), Kristen Chenoweth (A), Zac Efron (PP), Will Ferrell (A),Meg Cabot, Brad Bird (A), Dorris Day (A?), Jeremy Irons (A), Andy Samberg (A), Jane Fonda (A)

Created by[/color] Seb

"Are you talking about pi or pie because I have been fooled before ...".
TwiHardPotterFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TwiHardPotterFan »

1. Grease I grew up with that I love it. In 5th grade I watched it two to three times a day.

2. Guys and Dolls I saw it live at a high school then found the movie of it.

3. Sound of Music

4. I actually like Grease 2 hehe
most recent: 6/18/17 Geri Holliwell

https://bsbpinkangel99.wixsite.com/honestlyya my blog
http://www.freewebs.com/twihardpotterfan/index.htm My Harry Potter/Twilight Collection
http://www.freewebs.com/lokinickfan8467/index.htm My Main Site
http://anitasroyaltysite.webs.com/ My Royalty Site

Favorites: BSB, Robert Pattinson, JK Rowling, Dan Radcliffe, Taylor Lautner, Rupert Grint, Nikki Reed, Taylor Momsen, Emma Watson.
x-Jen-x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x-Jen-x »

Hiya,

Gosh, I LOVE musicals. Like Phoebe, my favourite musical is the sound of music. :) My favourites in order are:

1: The sound of music-I Love EVERYTHING to do with this musical, my favourite movie and musical Ever. Have seen it in the west end twice(met some of the cast second time,including 6 of the kids-I now know them!)and just about know everything about it!! Julie andrews is brilliant and so are all the cast!!!!!!!!
2: Oliver-I really like this musical, I love all the songs, its so, so, so great! Would really love to see it in the West End.
3: Mamma Mia-I watched this for the first time a few days ago and it was really good!! Love all songs(well, no surprise, I LOVE Abba!!).
4: Annie- Always will love this musical. PLEASE BRING IT BACK TO THE WEST END STAGE!!:)
5: The Wizard of Oz-Classic movie and I just love it...Judy Garland will always be a legend!
6: Mary Poppins- Yet another Julie Andrews classic. I love the songs and the movie!!

As you can see, I just love Julie Andrews movies!!

Those are the only musicals I have seen(excluding High school musical 1/2, which I am going off of), I want to see more musicals, on west end stage. One musical I'd like to see aside Oliver!, is Wicked. That looks brilliant!!:)
Last edited by x-Jen-x on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by starman »

1. West Side Story
2. On the Town
(as you can see I'm a fan of Leonard Bernstein)
3. The Sound Of Music
4. Sweeney Todd
Phoebe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Phoebe »

x-Jen-x wrote:Hiya,

Gosh, I LOVE musicals. Like Phoebe, my favourite musical is the sound of music. :) My favourites in order are:
The sound of music-I Love EVERYTHING to do with this musical, my favourite movie and musical Ever. Have seen it in the west end twice(met some of the cast second time,including 6 of the kids-I now know them!)and just about know everything about it!! Julie andrews is brilliant!
Great choices Jen! I'm going to have to add La Cage aux Folles to my list - saw it yesterday with Graham Norton and it was fantastic!

Phoebe :D
DSUgirl2012
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DSUgirl2012 »

1.) MY MOST FAVE--> The Sound of Music
2.) Singing in the Rain
3.) Mama Mia
4.) Hairspray
x-Jen-x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x-Jen-x »

Hiya,

thanks, Phoebe, glad you had a good time the other day!!!!!!:)
amyfairycakes
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by amyfairycakes »

Ooh, this is hard - I love musicals.
But I guess my favourites would have to be:
1) Hair - so many classic songs, and the energy in it is contagious!
2)Gypsy - love it since I saw the movie adaptation when I was a little kid. Again, so many classic songs. And it features my favourite showtune "Everything's Coming Up Roses".
3)Avenue Q - so funny, innovative and filled with great songs like It Sucks To Be Me and If You Were Gay. original cast featured one of my favourite performers John Tartaglia also.

Those are my top three favourites. I also love Chicago, Cabaret & Les Miserables.
Paigey012

Post by Paigey012 »

High School Musical & Hairspry {up}
Debs eleven
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Debs eleven »

I have seen Blood Brothers six times in the last six months - Niki Evans was amazing as Mrs Johnstone, but unfortunately her last night was the 28th March. She recently donated a signed programme (signed by the whole cast) to a charity I am working on, Rainbow Child. (www.rainbowchildfoundation.co.uk).

I am hoping Niki will be taking on another West End role in the very near future and I will definitely be going to see her in it!