Steps we have to take to save fanmail.biz

Moderators' Forum.
M:chael
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Steps we have to take to save fanmail.biz

Post by M:chael »

Andy316 wrote:A lot of members have left, or are leaving, or are spending more time here -> http://s10.zetaboards.com/SAC06/index/ -> why? It doesnt go down ever, unlike this place that goes down daily. It has an admin that actually cares, and it doenst put up with fakes/scammers etc, and doesnt have the freeloaders that this place has. I recommend it if anyone's looking for an alternative. Plus it has a database thats in the process of being filled in (obviously this is no easy job!). All in, a great site, worth checking it out. :)
Good advertisement {thumb2} :lol: It might be considered spam though.
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

corekid wrote:
Andy316 wrote:A lot of members have left, or are leaving, or are spending more time here -> http://s10.zetaboards.com/SAC06/index/ -> why? It doesnt go down ever, unlike this place that goes down daily. It has an admin that actually cares, and it doenst put up with fakes/scammers etc, and doesnt have the freeloaders that this place has. I recommend it if anyone's looking for an alternative. Plus it has a database thats in the process of being filled in (obviously this is no easy job!). All in, a great site, worth checking it out. :)
Good advertisement {thumb2} :lol: It might be considered spam though.
LOL, just trying to help out my fellow fanmailbizians! Image
nich9494

Post by nich9494 »

corekid wrote:
Good advertisement {thumb2} :lol: You should promise peace on earth too. It might be considered spam though.
Actually I'm checking it out right now it's a pretty good site :)
Autographs received: 22
Authentic: 15
Personalized: 3
IP: 4

Latest Success: Peter Facinelli personalized
Favourite Success: Bam Margera & cast authentic!!! :D Here's my post

Autographs Pending: Rodney Mullen, Shia LaBeouf, Robert Pattinson, Slash, Sir Alex Ferguson, Taylor Lautner, Lukas Podolski, James McAvoy, Alex Pettyfer, Mitch Hewer, Dominic Monaghan, Jack Black, Will Farrell, Oliver & James Phelps, Andy Roddick, Luis Nani, Cristiano Ronaldo, Dane Cook, Sean Faris, Josh Duhamel, T.I., Christian Bale, Paul Scholes, Darren Fletcher, Nemanja Vidic, Roger Federer, Gerd Muller, James McAvoy VV, Josh Holloway, Taylor Kitsch, Dimitar Berbatov, James Franco VV, Paul Rudd VV, Steven Gerrard, Daniel Agger, Fernando Torres, Theo Walcott, Jamie Carragher, Wentworth Miller, Mark Wahlberg

Thanks so much to -Lil1- for this beautiful siggy

<3 Sheckler
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

I've given up on fanmail.biz personally..the forum Andy mentioned above is now 'home' for me, and is a MILLION times better than this one!

I've been on this site for a while now and have noticed too that the activity has dipped. I used to log off for an hour and come back to tons of topics with new replies..now I just come back to a couple of spam topics, that's it :lol:
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I like that forum, but feel really awkward on it, like I'm betraying fanmail.biz. I can't bring myself to post on it.
Also, I just became a mod here a while ago and ...
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

corekid wrote:I like that forum, but feel really awkward on it, like I'm betraying fanmail.biz. I can't bring myself to post on it.
Wont affect your Mod status on here, never affected mine anyway. Only reason I got banned is for trying to improve this place...LOL
wheniam6
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wheniam6 »

I wish we could make a site EXACTLY like this one, but just have it so we have more constructive posts, and a better team!
[Image
Thanks to Peanut1234 for the awsomical siggy right here and Corekid for the bordering of the siggy!

Official Moderator!
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Andy316 wrote:
corekid wrote:I like that forum, but feel really awkward on it, like I'm betraying fanmail.biz. I can't bring myself to post on it.
Wont affect your Mod status on here, never affected mine anyway. Only reason I got banned is for trying to improve this place...LOL
I mean I like being a mod and feel obligated to help out (scaled down after my ban.) Sounds so corny :lol:
Don't want to support the stereotype that new mods suck, are inexperienced, etc.

Also, I don't want to be spread across multiple forums.
wheniam6
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wheniam6 »

corekid wrote:
Andy316 wrote:
I mean I like being a mod and feel obligated to help out (scaled down after my ban.) Sounds so corny :lol:
Don't want to support the stereotype that new mods suck, are inexperienced, etc.

Also, I don't want to be spread across multiple forums.

I TOTALLY AGREE with you.
[Image
Thanks to Peanut1234 for the awsomical siggy right here and Corekid for the bordering of the siggy!

Official Moderator!
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

Have to admit, this thread has been sort of a culture shock to me. A few weeks back, I thought I'd get back into autograph collecting and decided to join this forum, figuring it was the mecca. Didn't have any idea until now how many members are disappointed with it.

Run a bad forum on a bad host, and downtime and is inevitable, though what I don't understand is why there seems to be hundreds of moderators. I think while the forum itself would be easy to replace, but the database of address isn't. Perhaps if the owner is as uncaring as many of you say, he could pass or sell it to someone who can take better care of the site?