Doctor Who - Charity Rejection Letter

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
Arphaxad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Doctor Who - Charity Rejection Letter

Post by Arphaxad »

I am currently collecting autographed items to benefit Raise-a-Reader. To that end, I wrote to several of the principal actors and the Executive Producer from the new series of Doctor Who at the mailing address for BBC Wales.

Today (September 23), I received a letter from the Production Co-ordinator for the series which said, in part:
Charity appeals in Wales are allocated by the appeals Advisory Committee and the BBC is involved with Children in Need and Comic Relief. Apart from specific BBC wide fund-raising projects, programmes cannot endorse particular charities.
I thought I should post that here, in case anyone was thinking of making a similar enquiry for a charity other than the two mentioned...
Edgar Governo
Historian of Things That Never Were
http://thingsthatneverwere.com/

Raise-a-Reader Charity Auction
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Doctor Who - Charity Rejection Letter

Post by TheCollector »

Arphaxad wrote:I am currently collecting autographed items to benefit Raise-a-Reader. To that end, I wrote to several of the principal actors and the Executive Producer from the new series of Doctor Who at the mailing address for BBC Wales.

Today (September 23), I received a letter from the Production Co-ordinator for the series which said, in part:
Charity appeals in Wales are allocated by the appeals Advisory Committee and the BBC is involved with Children in Need and Comic Relief. Apart from specific BBC wide fund-raising projects, programmes cannot endorse particular charities.
I thought I should post that here, in case anyone was thinking of making a similar enquiry for a charity other than the two mentioned...

Hi Arphaxad {up}

Sorry about the problems you encountered :(

I think the BBC misunderstood what you were asking. I am guessing that the letter you got back was in reply to your letter to the Exec Producer. I think he/she thought you were asking for the BBC to financially support your auction.

In my "daily" life I work quite extensively for the BBC, and I have always found them very helpful. I got several Doctor Who "pits and pieces" for my own auction so I really think you have had a misunderstaning!!!

My advice would be to write to the following addresses, or email them if you can find the addresses. These addresses are for the agents for the various cast members. I have included both current "Doctors"!

Christopher Eccleston (2005 Doctor)
c/o Lorraine Hamilton
Hamilton Asper/Hodell
24 Hanway Street
London
W1P 9DD
email: lorraine@hamiltonhodell.co.uk

Billie Piper (Rose)
c/o Promo Department
Virgin Records Ltd
553-579 Harrow Road
London