Michael Phelps

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
KASSiDY
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Michael Phelps

Post by KASSiDY »

mailto:speedoinfo@pentland.com
And are the successes authentic?
?KASSiDY?

^credit to xoLindsey87 for my AMAZINGG siggies && avvy! thankss!^

Recently Sent Out: Demi Lovatox7(vv), Jonas Brothersx11(vv), Yvette Nicole Brown
Recently Recieved: Chelsea Staub, Kay Panabaker
Favorites: Bill Nye In-Person
kiss
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Michael Phelps Success

Post by kiss »

congrats!!!! I have it too!!! {thumb2} {thumb2}
lizane

Re: Michael Phelps

Post by lizane »

Hi KASSiDY! ;-)

I believe they're usually authentic, however I really doubt recent successes received seeing as Phelps was until recently still in Beijing, he would never have had the time to sign photos for Speedo! :roll: Also, it looks very different from his actual autograph. {down}

Compare this authentic autograph obtained via Speedo on 1 September 2007:

To this recent success, also via Speedo, received 22 August 2008:

Honestly, it doesn't match to me. :? And just imagine the huge amount of requests Speedo must be getting, surely they would just want to please everyone? I say wait a few months until everything dies down, then he would sign again. {thumb2}

Good luck,
zanne
scouser#1

Re: Michael Phelps

Post by scouser#1 »

i am not a expert at this, and i have no idea if they are authentic but there could be a possiblity they are and they arent....
firstly phelps could have signed alot of autographs before hand and speedo are sending them out(or as already said speedo may want to please everyone and send out fakes)
As for his actual autograph seeing as though there is one from september last year and one now people do change their autograph's and he may have changed his........
But just my opinion lol {up}
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

xxlh2011xx wrote:is it authentic?
Looking at other examples, I'd say no to be honest. Probably secretarial, it just looks like a poor fake.
Moridin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Moridin »

I find it interesting that he is/was over in China competing (and most likely training) in the olympics, yet everyone and their mothers are getting signed photos.

I say secretarial.
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superletterfan »

It's really hard to say. In the past, i think it was last year, lots of ppl got the Speedo signed postcards, when i wrote my Email, they gave me a reply saying, "they have ran out, and will put me on waiting list, and sent me one later". I didn't get it for one year. I kept trying from time to time, but no response. For this reply, there would be two possibilities:
1. it's secretarial
2. they do have some signed cards in stock, they didn't send them out until Phelps got 8 golds
Never Give Up!
luvinlondon
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by luvinlondon »

I think he does pre-signed photos!

I have been comparing his speedo pix to authentic in person autos and they are the same!
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

luvinlondon wrote:I think he does pre-signed photos!

I have been comparing his speedo pix to authentic in person autos and they are the same!
What IP examples are you comparing to? And its all well and good comparing the speedo pics to IP examples, but THIS speedo pic is very different from previous ones, hence why people think they're secretarial.
luvinlondon
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by luvinlondon »

Mr Kennedy wrote:
luvinlondon wrote:I think he does pre-signed photos!

What IP examples are you comparing to? And its all well and good comparing the speedo pics to IP examples, but THIS speedo pic is very different from previous ones, hence why people think they're secretarial.

I compared them to some from a book signing he did and a couple others as well. Many of the curves in certain letters are the same! You can't expect every sig to be perfect when someone is given a stack to sign some may look a lil different. I am no expert I was just saying what I thought. the end!

congrats on your success!!!