Sending an Index Card Vs Photo

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by jdp3577 »

lol I hit the wrong button, but I fixed it
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

[quote="jdp3577"]lol I hit the wrong button, but I fixed it[/quote]

Okay. Thanks.
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzman »

In my personal experience I know some celebs wont sign index cards because its sometimes in their contracts and the other they are afraid you are going to sell them by making something with them. Especially sports stars. I went to a premier a few years ago with a stack of index cards and every time I asked for a autograph they wouldnt sign them. But like it was said before there have been successes before with index cards but I also prefer photos now because of what happened to me.
Cutie3409
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Cutie3409 »

It's all up to the celeb. Sometimes they won't sign the pics you send them either...I agree with ozzman. Sometimes contracts
{??} Noah Lowry {??}

James

Post by James »

Hi
I always send index cards, and what the celebrtiy usually does for me is they sign the card and sign their own photo, where as if you put in a photo, they might only sign your photo.

Hope this helps,
James {up}
barmy_army008

Post by barmy_army008 »

If you’re right in saying that there are copyright laws on certain photos, then surely that makes them less likely to be signed than an index card?

If the picture is just off Google, then there’s little way of knowing whether its copyright protected or not. Maybe that’s been my mistake in the past, but if you want to eliminate that problem then you’d have to purchase the photo from a reputable place, which just adds more money.

I now always use postcards, and I don’t think its had a huge effect on my success either way. I’m prepared to take the risk that I might only get the card back signed, or a nice photo instead that I didn’t have to print/buy. Theres a chance that I won’t get anything back, but if that happens then at least all I’ve lost is a piece of card.
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

[quote="barmy_army008"]If you’re right in saying that there are copyright laws on certain photos, then surely that makes them less likely to be signed than an index card?

If the picture is just off Google, then there’s little way of knowing whether its copyright protected or not. Maybe that’s been my mistake in the past, but if you want to eliminate that problem then you’d have to purchase the photo from a reputable place, which just adds more money.

I now always use postcards, and I don’t think its had a huge effect on my success either way. I’m prepared to take the risk that I might only get the card back signed, or a nice photo instead that I didn’t have to print/buy. Theres a chance that I won’t get anything back, but if that happens then at least all I’ve lost is a piece of card.[/quote]

You have many good points here.