Celebs keeping photos

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
mcgonagall

Celebs keeping photos

Post by mcgonagall »

Have you ever bought a photo sent it to get it signed and not had a reply? I sent one to Michael Gambon about a year ago and have not yet received anything back. :cry:
McGonagall is the best!

lizane

Re: Celebs keeping photos

Post by lizane »

Hey mcgonagall! ;)

I moved this topic to the "Autograph Collecting Discussions" forum. {thumb2}

I don't really send my own photos as I like the ones the celebrities send out. :mrgreen: But yes, I know some keep the photos you send them. :(

Good luck collecting,
Lizanne
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

mcgonagall wrote:Have you ever bought a photo sent it to get it signed and not had a reply? I sent one to Michael Gambon about a year ago and have not yet received anything back. :cry:
I really hate it when they do that, I find it so rude. If they don't want to pass it onto the celebrity to sign, at least send it back to us because we took the trouble (and money) to print a photo, and pay postage. Also annoys me when they keep my photo and send another back - just send both back! :roll:
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by guilder1st »

It happens all the time. I probably lost over 30 in just the past year. I understand if a celebrity is too busy to sign, but just send back the stuff with a letter explaining why. Not getting back anything is so frustrating.
ParkerPoseyLover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ParkerPoseyLover »

I can't remember exactly how many pictures I've bought and sent Parker Posey for autographing over the years. Four, I believe. Three of the four, I never saw again. The fourth, someone had the decency to return because it was an old address. I went on to send it to the theater where Parker's off-Broadway play "Fifth of July" played in 2003... and never saw it again. As it stands, it looks like sending her a pic is like sending it to the Bermuda Triangle. Hope I'm wrong, but that's how it looks more and more all the time.
BrianS1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BrianS1 »

The way I see it, if you sent a pic, they kept it and sent you a better one, no harm done. If you send more than one, they keep them and only send one, there's a problem.
The best hobbie in the world.
My autographs
http://briansautograph.zymichost.com/
Melindabear2002
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Melindabear2002 »

I usually don't ever send photos unless it's to a venue. But I just print them out on my printer when I'm printing my prints so it doesn't really cost that much. I just figure it into my work budget.
My Autograph Collection, (If you want to ask how I got any graph please feel free to email me)
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by miley cyrus fan »

i only send computer printout pics and sometimes magazine photos that way if their lost its no big deal.
Smuck
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Smuck »

Now if something makes me mad, it's this. It's never happened to me so far, since I've only printed 3 pictures for VV, and I don't count that, really, since it is a risk, you know, but I've seen it happen to countless other people, countless times. If they can't sign the photo, don't WANT to sign the photo, or are just being flat out picky, send it back to the person. Hello, they paid MONEY for it, and if they didn't pay MONEY for it, they wasted printer ink on it. Maybe they WANTED it back, signed or not.
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

I've had it happen a few times before, and that's not counting all those requests where celebrities have not replied. However, since I normally send smaller photos it doesn't cost as much for me to send it out (or to not get them back).

However, you have to remember that anything you send out is at your own risk ... if you don't want to lose it don't send it as there is no guarantee of a reply.

Good luck!

nowandagain [rockon]