Westlife-Need information on how to meet them.

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
-Lil1-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Westlife-Need information on how to meet them.

Post by -Lil1- »

Hey Guys,
I'm a really HUGE fan of Westlife's, and I see some of you guys are like PRO'S at meeting people before/after concerts and stuff like that, So I was wondering if you could tell me how to meet westlife after their concert at the o2 arena on March 2nd as that's the day i'm going. I wanted to surprise my older sister so when we get there I'll say "No, come with me this way" and then hopefully we'll see them
She spent over £100 on the tickets and it was a present from her to take me as my 12th birthday present and I'd love to be able to thank her somehow... I'd be SO happy!! Even I would go crazy to meet them. So please, Any advise? {up}

Thanks so much guys
From Nicole {thumb2}
James

Re: Westlife-Need information on how to meet them.

Post by James »

The O2 is one of the worst places for getting autographs, as is Wembley Arena. There will somewhere be an artist entrance, but it will be near impossible to get to it. :neutral: You'll also find security there to be a nightmare, they don't like hundreds of people hanging around.

Chances are Westlife would arrive a LONG time before the show, so that there is no hassle for them, and to give them time to warm up / practise.

I've seen the Westlife boys before, and they're not too great at signing either. :(

Hope this is of some help,
James
-Lil1-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by -Lil1- »

James wrote:The O2 is one of the worst places for getting autographs, as is Wembley Arena. There will somewhere be an artist entrance, but it will be near impossible to get to it. :neutral: You'll also find security there to be a nightmare, they don't like hundreds of people hanging around.

Chances are Westlife would arrive a LONG time before the show, so that there is no hassle for them, and to give them time to warm up / practise.

I've seen the Westlife boys before, and they're not too great at signing either. :(

Hope this is of some help,
James
Thanks James, Thats a real shame that I cant surprise my sister. :(
But thanks anyway. {thumb2}
Backstagepass
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Backstagepass »

I went to Wembley Arena last year to see Westlife. They all arrive indvidual, last time they were with their wives/girlfriends. If you've ever been to Wembley, there's an underground parking, they drove straight past about 3pm. They wouldn't sign which is understandable if they're with their wives/girlfriends. Their supporting acts did sign but that's purely because the supporting acts knew who I was and I had met the several times before. There wasn't very many fans, probably 20 at the most. They do sign occasionally. My friend recently met them at a radio station and said it's more of a 'take-my-picture-now-as-i'm-standing-next-to-kian' moment because if you didn't get a photo while he's standing right near you (even if he's not looking at the camera) you'll never get a photo actually with him.

I don't know what it's like at the O2. I should be going in a few weeks to see someone so I'll test it out and see how it would be like.

I'm sure though, just to see them arrive would be great, even if they didn't sign.
-Lil1-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by -Lil1- »

Backstagepass wrote:I went to Wembley Arena last year to see Westlife. They all arrive indvidual, last time they were with their wives/girlfriends. If you've ever been to Wembley, there's an underground parking, they drove straight past about 3pm. They wouldn't sign which is understandable if they're with their wives/girlfriends. Their supporting acts did sign but that's purely because the supporting acts knew who I was and I had met the several times before. There wasn't very many fans, probably 20 at the most. They do sign occasionally. My friend recently met them at a radio station and said it's more of a 'take-my-picture-now-as-i'm-standing-next-to-kian' moment because if you didn't get a photo while he's standing right near you (even if he's not looking at the camera) you'll never get a photo actually with him.

I don't know what it's like at the O2. I should be going in a few weeks to see someone so I'll test it out and see how it would be like.

I'm sure though, just to see them arrive would be great, even if they didn't sign.

Any Idea how though?
Backstagepass
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Backstagepass »

-Lil1- wrote: Any Idea how though?
Find the back entrance. Just wonder around the O2 you're bound to find some fans waiting somewhere.

But they could do what Take That did and arrive by boat. If they do, you'd need to go near the dock.
Acorns
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Acorns »

Backstagepass wrote:I went to Wembley Arena last year to see Westlife. They all arrive indvidual, last time they were with their wives/girlfriends. If you've ever been to Wembley, there's an underground parking, they drove straight past about 3pm. They wouldn't sign which is understandable if they're with their wives/girlfriends. Their supporting acts did sign but that's purely because the supporting acts knew who I was and I had met the several times before. There wasn't very many fans, probably 20 at the most. They do sign occasionally. My friend recently met them at a radio station and said it's more of a 'take-my-picture-now-as-i'm-standing-next-to-kian' moment because if you didn't get a photo while he's standing right near you (even if he's not looking at the camera) you'll never get a photo actually with him.

hmm ive had a few pics with Kian over the years, must admit he has gotten worse with crowds :?
Life its self is worth nothing, its the things you put in it that make it priceless

All autographs I have collected are for a Charity auction. The money is going to a childrens hospice called ACORNS which is a wonderful place
http://www.acorns.org.uk/

enjoy completing surveys? want to get paid doing it?
[url]http://my.yougov.com/go.aspx?id=811af1e7-e5f6-43fd-b287-88fe68956b93
[/url]
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

A lot of people who have met them will tell you that they're all smiles onstage, but offstage they're rather snobby and rude.

They make nice music and I'm a real fan, but I think all the years of immense fame have done their heads in a bit. According to my friend who met them after one of their gigs here, Kian is unbearably arrogant and moody, and Mark's as glum and depressing as anything. Shane's not the chipper, overly friendly lad he always looks to be.
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
x-autograph-girl-x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x-autograph-girl-x »

You could always meet them on Wednesday 18th June 6pm-7pm At WHSmith at the Trafford Centre. Or look on their website as it has all their signing dates on it. {thumb2}
See My Autograph Site: http://www.freewebs.com/autographgirlx

Interested In Girls Aloud? Please Check Out My Fansite! http://www.freewebs.com/girlsaloudfanclub/