Quick question

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Peyton

Quick question

Post by Peyton »

I am sending overseas, and I don't have any AIRMAIL stickers. I can't go to the post office right now so can I just write on the envelope AIR MAIL? What can I do to make sure it gets to its destination.

Peyton :mrgreen:
Skye

Re: Quick question

Post by Skye »

Wow I totally forgot about airmail stickers. What are those? Are they free or do you have to pay for them? Luckily I haven't sent any overseas yet
Image Image Image Image Image
Latest Request:
Latest Success:
Favorite Success:
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hello Peyton and Skye! ;-)

I'm from South Africa so I send overseas all the time. My postoffice always give me airmail stickers and they're free. {thumb2} I've received letters from USA and UK where the celebrity handwrote AIRMAIL on the envelope, so you can just write "airmail" on your envelopes! {up} I believe most mail are airmail, if it says airmail on the envelope or not. So your letters will most likely be airmail anyways! :D

Good luck!! :razz:

Regards,
Lizanne
whosurdaddy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by whosurdaddy »

I've sent a bunch overseas and never placed Airmail stickers on my envelopes. If the P.O. does after I hand it to them, I have no idea. I've also received a bunch back without Airmail stickers as well.
Peyton

Post by Peyton »

Thanks for your help, everyone!
Skye

Post by Skye »

Awesome so I don't have to get stickers? I can just write Airmail? and that's pretty cool that you're from South Africa. How is it like there?
Latest Request:
Latest Success:
Favorite Success:
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Yeah you can just write "Air Mail" on the envelope and that works fine. or You can go to your local post office and pick up the air mail stickers for free. I went in one day and asked if I could get some and the lady said sure! So she reached in her desk and pulled out 120 stickers and handed them to me!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I quess I'm set for awhile LOL! :lol: :lol:

RYAN J.
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

I just write "Airmail" on my letters and I have had successes from that. I also have some airmail envelopes that I bought at Wal-Mart that I use from time to time.

BossC
Nammzi
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nammzi »

Do you have to put on a sticker or write it on? I never have :?
Here comes the world and she is beautifully mysterious

http://scottishspca.fotopic.net/
Skye

Post by Skye »

Hm... Do you write it on both envelopes. That shouldn't be too hard. Next time I go to buy stamps I might ask for some as well
Latest Request:
Latest Success:
Favorite Success: