Robert Downey Jr. - success!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Gingerstarlord
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Robert Downey Jr. - success!

Post by Gingerstarlord »

I recently got one from Spanky and I’m going to say this: I don’t give a **** if it is or isn’t an “autopen” , it’s awesome, display it with pride and enjoy it. One of the toxic things I’ve noticed while looking for fanmail is all the comments saying “it’s autopen! You’re not allowed to enjoy this!!!!” Eff em. If they want their autographs verified then say it, but don’t rain on someone’s parade with this nonsense. Those comments shouldn’t be allowed, they’re rude to be honest.

I remember the joy I had opening my RDJ auto from Spanky, and even if it’s an autopen I’ll enjoy it nonetheless. Haters gonna hate. Get over it.
mjn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mjn »

beautiful pics by the way
sabri.ender
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sabri.ender »

Gingerstarlord wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:13 am I recently got one from Spanky and I’m going to say this: I don’t give a **** if it is or isn’t an “autopen” , it’s awesome, display it with pride and enjoy it. One of the toxic things I’ve noticed while looking for fanmail is all the comments saying “it’s autopen! You’re not allowed to enjoy this!!!!” Eff em. If they want their autographs verified then say it, but don’t rain on someone’s parade with this nonsense. Those comments shouldn’t be allowed, they’re rude to be honest.

I remember the joy I had opening my RDJ auto from Spanky, and even if it’s an autopen I’ll enjoy it nonetheless. Haters gonna hate. Get over it.

I totally agree with you, every time I go on the fanmail of a celebrity. In the comments I see every time people say that it is "autopen". Even if he has not signed his hand or can be proud of it. it's 7-year-old kids sending them letters and believe it's RDJ who signed them. And then they see the comment and all their dreams are broken
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bud simpson »

People, I'm trying to understand why you are so happy with what you get in the mail. A secretarial is just a forged signature and is not even the actors/actresses. An autopen is just a facsimile of that actors graph and he/she never even touched your item/photo. A pre-print is just a copy of that actors graph. Why would someone be satisfied/happy with any of that. Most likely they never read your letter and just a fanmail service did. You're better off going to a magazine stand and buying one of those movie type magazine where there's a lot of images of printed signatures. Most of us aren't trying to bad mouth you or being so negative. We are just trying to be "real" in this hobby.
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

Don't bother explaining it.
People get absolutely giddy and totally unrealistic when they get something they think is real and no amount of reality is going to dissuade them.
That's why businesses like Studio Fan Mail and Spanky Taylor exist.
Gullible and naive people just don't know the difference. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
Look at instances where people play practical jokes about winning the lottery. For a long time the victim is very angry and in complete denial about it being a joke thinking they won. It's the same with people who get celebrity stuff.... "OMG Robert Downey signed my photo! OMG He touched it! OMG it has to be real!". No splash of reality will convince them it isn't real.
I once talked to a BAS Beckett authenticator at a FanExpo and he said he feels sorry for people who pay $20 to get obvious autopens authenticated. They do it anyway because it's their business and they are in business to make money. He's had people get downright furious and threaten him when things turn out badly for them and their beloved autopen photo.
Some people just refuse to hear the truth.
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.
sabri.ender
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sabri.ender »

northwellguy wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:06 pm Don't bother explaining it.
People get absolutely giddy and totally unrealistic when they get something they think is real and no amount of reality is going to dissuade them.
That's why businesses like Studio Fan Mail and Spanky Taylor exist.
Gullible and naive people just don't know the difference. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
Look at instances where people play practical jokes about winning the lottery. For a long time the victim is very angry and in complete denial about it being a joke thinking they won. It's the same with people who get celebrity stuff.... "OMG Robert Downey signed my photo! OMG He touched it! OMG it has to be real!". No splash of reality will convince them it isn't real.
I once talked to a BAS Beckett authenticator at a FanExpo and he said he feels sorry for people who pay $20 to get obvious autopens authenticated. They do it anyway because it's their business and they are in business to make money. He's had people get downright furious and threaten him when things turn out badly for them and their beloved autopen photo.
Some people just refuse to hear the truth.
I understand the truth, only it's cool to get an autopen or not. It may not be cool that does not read our letters. But as some people have said a little earlier: "He does not have time". We can not blame him. I sent a letter to Kit Harington 1 month ago, and I knew I was going to receive an autopen but I thought my letter was going to be read until you told me that the actors were not reading their letters. Certainly the autopen, they were not touched by the actors, not sign by RDJ. And letting people dream is cool too.
So the only way for Robert to read your letter is to hand it to him

conclusion:
The autopen is still cool, even if the actor does not touch or sign. Let people dream. So after if RDJ does not read our letters, maybe a nice person read it to the agency, maybe this person put all his heart, I do not say that RDJ does not put all his heart. I only say as long as someone at the agency "Team Downey" reads our letter and understand the person is good (But if Robert reads it is always better, and then we can not blame him) So even if you have an autopen and it's not Robert who signed it, it's okay maybe one day you'll meet him (it's my dream) and that's it: D
geomon19
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by geomon19 »

People can dream all they want but a lot of us here and in other places take this hobby seriously and we have a vested interest in knowing if the signatures we've received are real or not.
Antic5
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by Antic5 »

geomon19 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:14 am People can dream all they want but a lot of us here and in other places take this hobby seriously and we have a vested interest in knowing if the signatures we've received are real or not.
I understand, I really, really do. You want to make sure that the TTM autographs you get are authentic. But it's not YOUR autograph being critiqued here, it's someone else's.

Once again, I will point out that there is a THREAD on Fanmail called "Is My Autograph Authentic?". If someone posts there, I would expect people to be brutally honest regarding the authenticity of an autograph. I appreciate the experience that many people have in this hobby, and that is the place I would go to take advantage of that experience.

However, this isn't that thread. This is "Feedback". This is where people post the feedback they received. If they're not asking for an opinion on the authenticity of the card, I don't understand why people feel the need to give it.

That said, I get it. I've been tempted on multiple occasions where I've seen someone posting an autopen to let them know. But I didn't, because I realized that it would serve no positive purpose. Most people on this site are not serious collectors, and really don't care if their autographs are authentic or not, so why should anyone else care?

I equate it to people who write away for team mascot autographs. I don't see anyone responding to their feedback saying "Mascots are just random people in costumes, so that isn't a real autograph". Why? Because it serves no positive purpose.

Now, will this change anyone's opinion on the matter? Probably not, which is why I don't post my returns here anymore.

I hope everyone has a blessed day.
JHunter1978
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JHunter1978 »

northwellguy wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:57 pm
sabri.ender wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:21 am Do you have an idea to meet, speak with him. Even if he doesn't read my letter.
Even if he does not read my letter, you told me he had no time. it can be understood that there is no time to read the letters of his fans. We can not blame someone who does not have the time. So do you have a way to contact him because Downey, because I'm one of his biggest fans. I know there is someone else more important than me to read my letter. But it was only to know

Like I said... delusional
NWG! You’re such a dick! No one asked! Do us all a favor and shut your damn mouth! Why do you try to authenticate? You’re not an Authenticator but most likely a troll! Go bully somewhere else
Last edited by JHunter1978 on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUCCESSES!: Elisabeth Shue, Thomas Ian Griffith, Martin Kove, Ralph Macchio, William Zabka, Sensei Ron Thomas, Rob Garrison, Chad McQueen, Yuji Okumoto, Tamlyn Tomita, Randee Heller, Tony O'Dell, Sean Kanan, Daryl Vidal, Israel Yuarbe, Xolo Madeiunia, Mary Mouser, Tanner Buchanan, Hannah Keppel, Jacob Bertrand, Owen Morgan, Nichole Brown, Gianni Decenzo,Paul Walker Hauser, Bret Ernst, Ken Daviatian, Ed Asner, John Moschitta Jr, Cam Clarke, Townsend Coleman, Rob Paulsen, Alan Oppenheimer, Renae Jacobs, Doug Stone, Larry Kenney, Hal Rayle, Stan Lee, Jeremy Renner, Anthony Mackie, Hayley Atwell, Neal McDonough, Frank Grillo, Dave Batista, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillen, Michael Rooker, Sean Gunn, Jeff Goldblume, Charlie Cox, John Bernthal, Patrick Stewart, Famke Jannsen, Shawn Ashmore, Kelly Hu, Doug Jones, Christopher Daniel Barnes, Ioan Gruffudd, Jim Lee, Ted Raimi, Bruce Campbell, Elijah Wood, Paul Ruebens, Peter Weller, Ron Perlman, Malcolm McDowell, Ray Wise, Sam J Jones, Eric Roberts, Tom WIlson, Sgt Slaughter, Ray Park, Earl Boen, Pat Fraley, Neil Ross, Morgan Lofting, Hank Garrett, Keone Young, Francious Chau, Larry Hama, Jason Momoa, Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, WIlliam Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Deforest Kelley, Nichelle, Nichols, George Takei, Walter Koenig, Christopher Plummer, Karl Urban, David Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch, Ian McDiarmid, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Brian Herring, Billy Dee Williams

Still waiting for replies from:

Zoe Saldana, Peyton list, Robin Lively, Cobie Smulders, Aedin Mincks, Courtney Heggeler, Vanessa Rubio, Annalisa Cochrane, Joe Seo, Bret Ernst, Dan Adhoot, Evangeline Lily, Michael Keaton, Bokeem Woodbine, Kurtwood Smith, Michael bell, BJ Ward, Greg Berger, Don Johnson, Frank Welker, Peter Cullen, Bill Ratner, Kurt Russell, Mary McDonald lewis, Kene Holliday, Brian Cummings
sabri.ender
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sabri.ender »

r
Last edited by sabri.ender on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.