Ads??

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
puppylover6391
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Ads??

Post by puppylover6391 »

I know you need ads to help pay for the site, and I'm ok with that, but there are some ads that I just cant stand! Sometimes I'll just be reading a topic or something and all of a sudden my internet screen changes to an advertisement and it freezes. This is the only site it happens for me on.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Is there any way you can have "good" ads that just sit there?
Mally_punk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mally_punk »

I havnt gotten that but theres this one thing that usually pops up when im on here, its an error sign or somethin
and it pretty much shuts down the window with the board, i dont know why but it only comes up when im on this site it might be an ad but i dont get why there would be an ad about having errors and why it would shut down the tread im looking at
cianod25
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cianod25 »

Yeah i sometimes get this critical error cannot access database gibberish as well! :?
Im Irish... Thats all you need to know! ;)
Leprachauns do exist!
WeeMan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WeeMan »

I also get that a lot... Only on this forum, everything just freezes, and there's nothing I can do :(
Over 2000 successes!
And about a half for the charity too! :)
puppylover6391
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by puppylover6391 »

Mally_punk wrote:I havnt gotten that but theres this one thing that usually pops up when im on here, its an error sign or somethin
and it pretty much shuts down the window with the board, i dont know why but it only comes up when im on this site it might be an ad but i dont get why there would be an ad about having errors and why it would shut down the tread im looking at
Yea that sounds exactly like what happens to me.
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

I never have any problems. What browser are you guys using?
puppylover6391
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by puppylover6391 »

Internet Explorer for me.
BABii_ANG3L
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BABii_ANG3L »

i never got that..maybe you should switch to Mozilla Firefox. I really don't like some of the ads like a few months ago, there was this one ad with a girl's butt sticking out and that was just disgusting..
i CAN LUV U 4EVER BUT NEVER WiLL i BE iN LOVE WiTH U 'TiL U LUV ME

rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

THis has been happening to a lot of the mods as well. admin has spoken to the ad company about the occurances, and they replied asking for a screenshot of the ad that was on the screen when it happens. So if you can do that, please do so. Please report any further problems you may have
James

Post by James »

I used to have problems with ads, but havn't had any for a long time. Viruses are my problem :(