New people questions

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Bren_14
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

New people questions

Post by Bren_14 »

Hey I am new on this and I was wondering if this actually work s. Like if they respond back? If anyone could let me know that would be great. Thanks :D
rtlighting95
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: New people questions

Post by rtlighting95 »

First, welcome!
Second, to answer your question, it depends. Some people you write to may respond quickly while others take a while. Also you may get a RTS (Return to Sender) or no response at all. Sometimes you may also get something that's auto penned or a pre-printed signature. It just comes down to who you decide to write to. I hope this helps and have fun collecting!
Bren_14
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bren_14 »

Thank you so much that is a lot of help. :D
Bren_14
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bren_14 »

Hey guys I have one more question if I want an autograph do I need to send a picture or just ask for one.
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

Some (like NASA astronauts) send photos for the asking. But generally, and the polite thing to do is, send a photo or other item you want signed when making your request for an autograph.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
Bren_14
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bren_14 »

Thank you so much for the help
TheDarkSide

Post by TheDarkSide »

Bren_14 wrote:Hey guys I have one more question if I want an autograph do I need to send a picture or just ask for one.
No, 'they' have a big warehouse of photos of themselves just ready to send to someone. You don't have to ask for it either. Just imagine them sending one, and they will know you will want one and send it to you anyway
Petejackson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Petejackson »

TheDarkSide wrote:
Bren_14 wrote:Hey guys I have one more question if I want an autograph do I need to send a picture or just ask for one.
No, 'they' have a big warehouse of photos of themselves just ready to send to someone. You don't have to ask for it either. Just imagine them sending one, and they will know you will want one and send it to you anyway

Trolling!
Cheers to the three people queueing behind me at WHSmiths at london waterloo for not telling me i forgot the chocolate orange i bought.....oh dear!!! :)

TheDarkSide

Post by TheDarkSide »

Not trolling just saying it like it is. im new here but i still had a look around before i joined to see how things worked didnt you?
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

Alright guys. Please remember that users may be kids asking for the first time, or English may not be the first language, there's no need to be rude when someone is just asking for help.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.