Global Stamps

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Ashjackson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Global Stamps

Post by Ashjackson »

Hi all I was wondering how many global worldwide stamps I would have to put on a SAE 10x12? It will be my first send to the USA! Thank you all Ash.
Münchausen
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Global Stamps

Post by Münchausen »

It depends... is there cardboard in it?
TTM: Tim Allen, Christian Bale, Sean Bean, Pierce Brosnan, Peter Capaldi, John Carpenter, Nick Castle, Henry Cavill, Hayden Christensen, Sean Connery (possibly secretarial), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Charlie Cox, Courteney Cox, Daniel Craig, Bryan Cranston, Benedict Cumberbatch, Judi Dench, Peter Dinklage, Christopher Eccleston, Aaron Eckhart, Jesse Eisenberg, Robert Englund, Dane Farwell, Noel Gallagher, Walton Goggins, Michael C. Hall, Mark Hamill, Tom Hardy, Freddie Highmore, John Hurt, Jeremy Irons, Val Kilmer, George Lazenby, Andrew Lincoln, Brad Loree, Matthew McConaughey, Ben Mendelsohn, Mads Mikkelsen, Jason Momoa, Roger Moore, Daniel Radcliffe, Tim Roth, Matt Ryan, Taylor Schilling, Tony Shalhoub, Don Shanks, Christian Slater, Matt Smith, Ringo Starr, David Tennant, Billy Bob Thornton, Christoph Waltz, Adam West, and George P. Wilbur.
Ashjackson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ashjackson »

Yeah going to be a 'please do not bend' envelope.
Ashjackson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ashjackson »

Anybody?
Sairentu
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sairentu »

Well, Global Forever stamps are worth $1.15 now.

You should know the weight of your letter to find out how many you should use. The current prices are:

Non-standard and Oversize Lettermail
$4.16 | Up to 3 ounces (=ca 85 g)
$5.10 | Up to 4 ounces (=ca 115 g)
$6.04 | Up to 5 ounces (=ca 141 g)
$6.97 | Up to 6 ounces (=ca 170 g)

So if your return letter will weight, let's say, 90 grams, then you should apply $5.10, but if you have only Global Forever stamps, then you'll have to spend a bit more: 5x1,15=5.75
Favorite successes: Brian May IP, Marion Cotillard, Melanie Laurent, Emma Stone IP, Anna Friel, Lee Pace, Carey Mulligan, Amanda Seyfried, David Suchet, Anneke van Giersbergen IP, Katie Melua IP, Scarlett Johansson IP, Tom Hiddleston IP, Colin Farrell IP, Sean Bean IP
Latest successes: Abbie Cornish, Tatiana Maslany, Rob Brydon, Imogen Poots, Eva Green, Anton Lesser, David Bradley, Heidi Range, Kate Mara, Dakota Fanning, Elle Fanning, Emilia Clarke, Ciaran Hinds, Geoffrey Rush, Iain Glen, Stephen Dillane, Pedro Pascal, Conleth Hill, Tom Wlaschiha, Karine Vanasse, Hayley Atwell, Rosamund Pike, Katie Melua IP, Judi Dench, Charles Dance, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Kerry Ellis IP, Brian May IP
Münchausen

Post by Münchausen »

The reason I asked about the cardboard is due to the fact that the envelope may then be recognized as a package when going overseas. So, it could be as high as $10 that you'll need to spend (about 9 stamps). However, you should be good with 5 or 6 of them, since I've found that that rarely occurs {up}
TTM: Tim Allen, Christian Bale, Sean Bean, Pierce Brosnan, Peter Capaldi, John Carpenter, Nick Castle, Henry Cavill, Hayden Christensen, Sean Connery (possibly secretarial), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Charlie Cox, Courteney Cox, Daniel Craig, Bryan Cranston, Benedict Cumberbatch, Judi Dench, Peter Dinklage, Christopher Eccleston, Aaron Eckhart, Jesse Eisenberg, Robert Englund, Dane Farwell, Noel Gallagher, Walton Goggins, Michael C. Hall, Mark Hamill, Tom Hardy, Freddie Highmore, John Hurt, Jeremy Irons, Val Kilmer, George Lazenby, Andrew Lincoln, Brad Loree, Matthew McConaughey, Ben Mendelsohn, Mads Mikkelsen, Jason Momoa, Roger Moore, Daniel Radcliffe, Tim Roth, Matt Ryan, Taylor Schilling, Tony Shalhoub, Don Shanks, Christian Slater, Matt Smith, Ringo Starr, David Tennant, Billy Bob Thornton, Christoph Waltz, Adam West, and George P. Wilbur.
Ashjackson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ashjackson »

Blimey I didn't expect it to be that expensive I have seen loads from the USA and they only have one on I was just making sure. It will be for Nancy Cartwright does that help at all?
Münchausen

Post by Münchausen »

The ones that have only one Global Stamp on them belong to the brave souls who send their requests with no cardboard. Doing it that way allows the Postal Service to acknowledge it as an "envelope", rather than a "package" (which is considerably cheaper). In the end, it's your choice, but I wouldn't recommend it!
Ashjackson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ashjackson »

I don't get that as the cardboard doesn't make it any thicker or bigger? and probably not that much heavier.
Münchausen

Post by Münchausen »

I know it sounds ridiculous, but that tiny difference in the thickness is what makes the change. In the eyes of the Royal Mail, anything over 5 mm (.2 inches) thick is regarded as a package.