What do you think about using home's address of a celeb?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
geekjake
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

What do you think about using home's address of a celeb?

Post by geekjake »

When I started this hobby I decided that I would never used the real address of a celeb, something like a personal ethical code, what about you?
oryxandcrake
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: What do you think about using home's address of a celeb?

Post by oryxandcrake »

I think it can be justified in some cases, especially when the celeb is no longer active. Then a) the volume of fan mail can be expected to be quite low, and b) there may not be other options such as studio. I have a good example - there is a singer/songwriter who had a multiplatinum album in 1990, and haven´t released any material since then. He doesn´t have management or a record company, and plays only a few small scale concerts per year - 2013 he made exactly 1 (!) live appearance, this year he played a total of six shows. And he isn´t really accessible for autographs before or after shows. So the options is through the agency that books the shows, and I am not sure how much contact they have with him at all, or the home address which is publicly available.
Most Recent Success In Person: Candlemass
Favorite In Person successes: Van Halen, Springsteen, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Depeche Mode
Most Recent Success TTM: Robert Englund
Waiting For: Dave Mustaine
Most Wanted: Lemmy (RIP)
riot
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by riot »

Bad idea. Most will send you your letter back or not reply at all.
jason1980s
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jason1980s »

In cases of many older celebrities, home addresses were generally the only way of contact we had.

I think over time, newer collectors took to not wanting to use home address, as if they're trying to protect the celebrity like a friend.

I doubt very many who are thoughtful enough to sign care whether you're sending to home address or not.
HEY WRESTLING FANS!

Meet WWWF and NWA wrestling legends Handsome Jimmy the Boogie Woogie Man Valiant, a WWE Hall of Famer

ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!
Get your picture taken with Jimmy!
Enjoy his museum of wrestling memorabilia
Purchase a souvenir t-shirt, dvd or book or have a mask, pair of boots or trunks customized by Jimmy's talented seamstress wife, Angel
Watch his talented BWC students perform in-ring.

Thanks always, for your support Jimmy!
http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/