Pre-Signed meaning

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
interneda
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Pre-Signed meaning

Post by interneda »

OK, sorry for my stupid question, I'm kinda new. So what does exactly mean if an autograph is pre-signed? Does it mean it's not authentic? Is it just a copy of an authentic one ? or is it from a stack of many pics and the person signed all of them? Please explain it to me like to an idiot ;) Thanks
Kyle6
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Pre-Signed meaning

Post by Kyle6 »

Pre-signed means they signed a bunch of pics and most likely whoever handles their mail distributes them and possibly adds the personalization on their own. Pre-print is when they just scan the original picture and print out a bunch of copies. The pre-signed ones are real, the PP are fake. Back when I collected sports autographs they were called reprints which makes more sense.
interneda
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by interneda »

Kyle6 wrote:Pre-signed means they signed a bunch of pics and most likely whoever handles their mail distributes them and possibly adds the personalization on their own. Pre-print is when they just scan the original picture and print out a bunch of copies. The pre-signed ones are real, the PP are fake. Back when I collected sports autographs they were called reprints which makes more sense.
Thank you ^_^
LizMaslow998
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LizMaslow998 »

Admin, I have a question: I bought a Pre-Signed CD from a Heffron Drive CD from their Concert on 7.2.15 and i am not sure if the Autographs on it will fade or not. So my question is: Do Pre-Signed Autographs fade in sunlight?