Joss Whedon!! My most wanted!!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Lauren81492
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Joss Whedon!! My most wanted!!

Post by Lauren81492 »

Billy_D wrote:I bought one of Joss' Firefly books for my brother for Christmas. Sent it to the address, along with prepaid return postage, asking Joss to sign it and return it. That was 4 months ago. Not a word. Even if he's too busy to sign a fan's book, couldn't he at least return it to me? Postage is already paid for!
So now it looks like I'm out the cost of the book, the cost of mailing the book, and the cost of return postage. What a waste!
Yeah, unfortunately you always run that risk when sending out a request. Maybe you could call/e-mail the agency and try to get them to send it back to you?
sawfan93
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sawfan93 »

Billy_D wrote:I bought one of Joss' Firefly books for my brother for Christmas. Sent it to the address, along with prepaid return postage, asking Joss to sign it and return it. That was 4 months ago. Not a word. Even if he's too busy to sign a fan's book, couldn't he at least return it to me? Postage is already paid for!
So now it looks like I'm out the cost of the book, the cost of mailing the book, and the cost of return postage. What a waste!
Maybe you shouldn't risk sending something to someone who almost NEVER signs through the mail. I'm sure he gets thousands of letters, I've seen maybe 2 responses. Do some research before sending.
Kyle.
Currently waiting
Actors & Actresses:Dane Cook, Chris Kattan, Christian Bale, Rachel Mcadams, David Garrison, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Gary Sinise, Paul Rudd, Jon Bernthal, Jim Parsons, Michael C. Hall

Voice Actors i am waiting to hear back from: Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, H.Jon Benjamin, Jeremy Inman, Richard Cansino, Kevin Conroy, Chris Sabat, Travis Willingham, Luci Christian, Jason Douglas, Michelle Ruff, Beau Billingslea.

Voice Actor Autographs: 700+
mcjw2011
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mcjw2011 »

sawfan93 wrote: Maybe you shouldn't risk sending something to someone who almost NEVER signs through the mail. I'm sure he gets thousands of letters, I've seen maybe 2 responses. Do some research before sending.
Uh, Whedon signed VV when he was directing The Avengers in 2011 (several replies, including mine, are on here). I'm not sure how well he responded through his agency address.
sawfan93
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sawfan93 »

[/quote] Uh, Whedon signed VV when he was directing The Avengers in 2011 (several replies, including mine, are on here). I'm not sure how well he responded through his agency address.[/quote]

I wasn't talking about VV, but i must of been one of the unlucky ones, i sent to him Via The Avengers, & never heard back. I was talking about his agency, i only seen 1 other success come back from his agency. Believe me, if he signed TTM, my Firefly/Serenity dvd covers would already be there & back. He's one of my favorites!
Kyle.
Currently waiting
Actors & Actresses:Dane Cook, Chris Kattan, Christian Bale, Rachel Mcadams, David Garrison, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Gary Sinise, Paul Rudd, Jon Bernthal, Jim Parsons, Michael C. Hall

Voice Actors i am waiting to hear back from: Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, H.Jon Benjamin, Jeremy Inman, Richard Cansino, Kevin Conroy, Chris Sabat, Travis Willingham, Luci Christian, Jason Douglas, Michelle Ruff, Beau Billingslea.

Voice Actor Autographs: 700+
supertoneman
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by supertoneman »

i thought about sending a book, but i would recommend to anyone who is sending TTM not to send something like a book. i am looking to plan on sending just an index card. then you can just stick it inside the book.
Stay frosty 8)
Twins and Star Wars fan since the 80's.
I am not selling any or trading any autos at this time,but i may trade extras for certain autographs.
Most Wanted: Any Star Wars Autographs, Baseball.
To see all the autographs that I have go to.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/supertpics/
Billy_D
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Billy_D »

supertoneman wrote:i thought about sending a book, but i would recommend to anyone who is sending TTM not to send something like a book.
One would think that for a fan, who bought the book, the writer would be more appreciative. Fans buying their books is how they make money. Joss Whedon is a jerk.
sonicsam
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sonicsam »

Joss Whedon is a wonderful kindhearted man. Blame CAA. They are not good at passing on the mail to their clients. I'm really sorry that things didn't work out. It was already mentioned in the thread that this was a very very very rare success. Any success from CAA is rare. And the firefly books are think. I'm sure agencies are nervous about opening something like that because of safety reasons. You never know what's in the package. Lots of people had successes from the Avengers set so maybe he'll sign when Shield gets up by a network. <3