To the Ebay sellers!

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
EmmaSheree
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: To the Ebay sellers!

Post by EmmaSheree »

I agree

My autographs are the only thing that kept me going during a really bad time of my life i could never part with them.
the only time i sold some was when i had some doubles and needed cash.

When i write Email requests i ask for it dedicated even if i know im getting a PP because the person dealing with Emails might make more an effort to get it dedicated if its going to a real fan instead of someone getting a freebie (except the PP'sobviously)

I sent an Email to Lord Sugar to get his autograph and i asked for it dedicated and 3 weeks later i hadnt heard anything so i emailed asking about it and the reply i got was "Sorry for the delay i am trying to get it dedicated for you" and i thought aww.

I dont know what id do without my autographs
schlaud23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by schlaud23 »

Jaffer wrote:
schlaud23 wrote:Autographs are a commodity just like anything else. The reason we collect them is because they have VALUE wether to other people or just to us.

While I have only sold autographs through charity auctions I don't have a problem with someone collecting for money. Either way true fans are winding up with the autograph even if they have to pay for them.
To be honest, I view autographs. As something more special than a mere commodity. Almost something sacred. It is almost impossible to argue that. Dealers are not havingg a corrosive effect on the hobby.
I appreciate your view point and its really a different view point and your right it is difficult to argue but they are still just photos with pen on them ultimately and when your life ends are you going to be comforted by having all of your autographs around your.

I love the feeling of getting an autograph back in the mail but I think it is important to know that there are more important things as these are still just posessions.
Twelveby12
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Twelveby12 »

Autographix wrote:
Twelveby12 wrote:Your opinion is your opinion, but seriously how can you not see that
THIS IS NOT FEEDBACK!!

RM
You're a bit of a cocky **** aren't you?
Ah nothing like being abused by brand new members, welcome to Fanmail, you'll fit in well.

Presuming you have the ability to read English, you'll see I was correct. The feedback forum is for feedback, the Discussion forum is for... go on... you can figure it out!

As a side note, I don't who does what with their autographs, all this "the dealers ruin it all" is a standard rant, and hardly original. You can't change it, so why worry?
...as seen in the national press - Daily Record, The Sun & The Daily Express (check them out here >> https://twelveby12.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... ers-day-d/)

:D
Sean SJazz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sean SJazz »

fox11 wrote:First, I don't care if one person sees this before it goes in the trash but anyways here we go.
I CANNOT stand people that take advantage of people that sign for their "fans" all the time, like Bobby Doerr, Virgil Trucks, Betty White and everyone else that ALWAYS SIGNS. I hate that a lot of people only uses them as an opportunity to make money. Like if you send 8 items to get signed, come on really? some "fan" you are... If I was the celebrity I would through your stuff away. But people are still nice enough to sign it all. But there are people who have stopped signing because of dealers! which is shitty for the person who is a TRUE fan and actually wanted the persons autographs.

I don't care about trading and stuff because your not really profiting off them... I don't know I'm sure I will get alot of hate but I don't really care!
i agree with this very much so, {up} it also bothers me when some one will say that so & so only signed like 3 out of 5 things that they send to be signed. really?! i myself do send 2 sometimes because to be honest i cant decided what pic i like more. so i will send both and hoepf or the best. but i will NOT be upset if they only send one or an entirely differant pic all together. people should be happy with 1 thing let alone more than one. NON OF My autographs ever Be for Sale! i put the time and money into sending them, and to be honest i dont trust EBAY anyway. thanks for the post someone had to say it anyway.thank you!
Best wishes Sean Sjazz [us]
topsignatures
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by topsignatures »

I wrote a little article on this on my "Hobby Thoughts" section of my website talking about some celebrities worried you might sell.

My 2 cents are already in there.

http://topsignatures.com/hobbythoughts001/
Check out http://www.TopSignatures.com
New items added very often and check out the "Autograph Adventures" section that chronicles the hunt for signatures.
Be sure to click "Like" on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/topsignaturesllc
ultimateager
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ultimateager »

cubshater wrote:ebayers, dealers and sellers are ruining this hobby that i love. greed is also. i always ask for my name even in mail and always in person. when i hear people mention personalization , i think DEALER. it is an honor to meet some of these stars and i will always feel that this hobby is special and i wil continue to do this as long as i can. :D

to anyone who cares, i don't hate the cubs....... i use this in another topic to effect a responce from 1 person. ........ it does ...............

even though you are an idiot, i agree with some this. i don't sell any autographs that i send for or get in person.
that being said i am happy for people who get stuff signed because where i live its almost impossible to get autographs unless because i don't have a lot of money and the money i do have goes for my family. so i like to buy autographs from people who get autographs from people i have no shot at getting.

what is the difference at mailing an item in to a signing to get signed, or paying somebody to get it for me. either way there's a price to be paid
either way you are supporting your celebrity/athlete and not taking advantage of them like some people do.

i hope you understand where people like me are coming from. dealers do hurt the autograph community, but they do help people like me attain autographs that i wouldn't have a chance at getting.

the people that sell fakes are a major problem with the hobby and those people should get sued by said celebrity for fraud and making $ off their name without their consent. everytime they sign an autograph, they are consenting for the people to do with them as they wish in my opinion otherwise why do it?
Recent Success- Amanda Beard, Peyton Manning, Shane Battier

Best TTM Success- George W Bush, Muhammad Ali, Al Kaline

Favorite IP- Gordie Howe, Frank Thomas, Joe Torre, Joe Dumars

I am the Ultimate Maurice Ager Collector

I WILL OFFER $$$ FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT LEADS ME TO A VIA-VENUE SUCCESS
Autographix
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Autographix »

Twelveby12 wrote:
Autographix wrote:
Twelveby12 wrote:Your opinion is your opinion, but seriously how can you not see that
THIS IS NOT FEEDBACK!!

RM
Ah nothing like being abused by brand new members, welcome to Fanmail, you'll fit in well.

Presuming you have the ability to read English, you'll see I was correct. The feedback forum is for feedback, the Discussion forum is for... go on... you can figure it out!

As a side note, I don't who does what with their autographs, all this "the dealers ruin it all" is a standard rant, and hardly original. You can't change it, so why worry?
If that's abuse then LOL at you..
Don't act so cocky and people won't pick up on how big you're trying to act.
Twelveby12
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Twelveby12 »

Autographix wrote:
Twelveby12 wrote:
Autographix wrote:

If that's abuse then LOL at you..
Don't act so cocky and people won't pick up on how big you're trying to act.
Point 1: Seriously, you're still trying to act like a know it all?
Point 2: An ellipsis has three dots
Point 3: If you can't figure out that the comments made by the OP are NOT feedback and as such should not have been in the feedback forum (strangely enough it's not in that forum anymore because of this), then you're just out to cause trouble and try and seem smart. Or you're a fool. I suspect it might be both.

Quick... go get your toys from the sandpit before that other kid steals them!
...as seen in the national press - Daily Record, The Sun & The Daily Express (check them out here >> https://twelveby12.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... ers-day-d/)

:D
Pedrogsantos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Pedrogsantos »

And that's the way the cookie crumbles xD
That's enough guys...
Favourite Successes!
photo sharing
Autographix
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Autographix »

Twelveby12 wrote:
Point 1: Seriously, you're still trying to act like a know it all?
Point 2: An ellipsis has three dots
Point 3: If you can't figure out that the comments made by the OP are NOT feedback and as such should not have been in the feedback forum (strangely enough it's not in that forum anymore because of this), then you're just out to cause trouble and try and seem smart. Or you're a fool. I suspect it might be both.

Quick... go get your toys from the sandpit before that other kid steals them!
What a funny child you are