Is this ebay sellers items real??? props+autographs.

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
AllanRickman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Is this ebay sellers items real??? props+autographs.

Post by AllanRickman »

This seller sells autographs from Elvis to Britney to Johnny Depp to JFK.

Here is one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TITANIC-PROPS ... 769wt_1182

They cost a LOT and always come with props.

Does anyone know anything about this guy? are his items real?

I read one post i could find after hours of searching on another site that said he sold a plate used in a 5 second scene, then 3 months latter sold the same thing again then again.

Opinions?
twilightlover0607
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Is this ebay sellers items real??? props+autographs.

Post by twilightlover0607 »

I don't trust him at all. I would never buy props on Ebay.
AllanRickman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AllanRickman »

twilightlover0607 wrote:I don't trust him at all. I would never buy props on Ebay.
Yea i know what you mean. There is a seller on there who sells a lot of autographs and all positive reviews. He has videos of himself obtaining the autographs. I saw he had a Matt Damon signed Good will hunting photo, then sold it, a few months later he had the same photo on there with the same video, the autograph was in a different location though. So i assumed he was getting an autograph then making extra $$$ by reproducing it himself a and attaching the video.

This ebay guy that i just posted about. He has a lot of feedback, all positive.
But i have a Kate Winslet autograph i got myself and it looks NOTHING like the one on here.

I also wonder if he has that kind of access to film sets would he not be running his own business instead of paying ebay their insane fees.
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

There is a HUGE MARKET for movie props nowadays and I do believe some one them.
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
ProWolf
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ProWolf »

That looks nothing like their autographs and someone lost $830 when they thought they got a deal. :lol:
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackhawks026 »

The #1 rule when buying autographs...... don't buy off ebay
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

Blackhawks026 wrote:The #1 rule when buying autographs...... don't buy off ebay
There is ONE exception to that rule, only buy ebay posting that look like this with EXACT PHOTO proof. {up}

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-B-BS-JENNI ... 53ebc74d35
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackhawks026 »

dancingirl1 wrote:
There is ONE exception to that rule, only buy ebay posting that look like this with EXACT PHOTO proof. {up}

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-B-BS-JENNI ... 53ebc74d35
Even exact proof doesn't cut it for me. The seller could have just printed off the same picture and forged the signature on there or even photocopy it and send you the copied version (although I imagine that'd be fairly easy to catch)
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

Blackhawks026 wrote: Even exact proof doesn't cut it for me. The seller could have just printed off the same picture and forged the signature on there or even photocopy it and send you the copied version (although I imagine that'd be fairly easy to catch)
Yeah that is true. BUT if the sig looks like it is suppose to, it's real. And if someone over @ PSA place determines that it fake you can get your payment back. But like I always say people need to do research just to be safe. Because there are successful eBay dealers on there. But I Could see what u mean with their rep and all. {up}
SelenaandDemiFan

Post by SelenaandDemiFan »

I have bought off ebay as a lot of charity auctions happen on there.
I also do a lot of research if I resort to ebay. (After many failed TTM attempts and no one on here sells it.) It then becomes pretty easy to spot a fake. I never buy anything too too cheap or without enough quality pictures. Ebay isn't always bad, if you know what you're looking for. :D