Please help me, I made a mistake!

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
OfTheNight
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Please help me, I made a mistake!

Post by OfTheNight »

Hi everyone, i'm new, so bare with me.

I just made an attempt to send a VV address to my favorite actor, but I was in such a hurry that I forgot to write the actors name on it. (dumb, I know??)

I wrote the address something like this: Title of movie, production company/studio, address.

Will the studio open the letter and give the photo to the actor? Or will they just throw it away?

Dang it. This was my first time too. Should I send another one? (Ugh, wasted stamps..)

Thanks for anyones help!!

:(
Most Wanted: Johnny Depp, Michael Jackson, Helena Bonham Carter, Tim Burton, Eva Green, Geoffrey Rush, Keira Knightley, Bill Nigh,

In Collection: Mary Pickford
verkoka
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Please help me, I made a mistake!

Post by verkoka »

OfTheNight wrote:Hi everyone, i'm new, so bare with me.

I just made an attempt to send a VV address to my favorite actor, but I was in such a hurry that I forgot to write the actors name on it. (dumb, I know??)

I wrote the address something like this: Title of movie, production company/studio, address.

Will the studio open the letter and give the photo to the actor? Or will they just throw it away?

Dang it. This was my first time too. Should I send another one? (Ugh, wasted stamps..)

Thanks for anyones help!!

:(

hey! :) if i were you i would send again, since you didnt specify for who it is, it will not be forwarded to the actor's "box" and they wont open it...
OfTheNight
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by OfTheNight »

verkoka wrote: I would send again, since you didnt specify for who it is, it will not be forwarded to the actor's "box" and they wont open it...
Dang it. I suck, lol. I'm so mad at myself :oops: postage is expensive!
Most Wanted: Johnny Depp, Michael Jackson, Helena Bonham Carter, Tim Burton, Eva Green, Geoffrey Rush, Keira Knightley, Bill Nigh,

verkoka
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by verkoka »

OfTheNight wrote:
verkoka wrote: I would send again, since you didnt specify for who it is, it will not be forwarded to the actor's "box" and they wont open it...
Dang it. I suck, lol. I'm so mad at myself :oops: postage is expensive!
lol hope you're successful this time! i sent you a message :)
OfTheNight
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by OfTheNight »

verkoka wrote: lol hope you're successful this time! i sent you a message :)
Thank you :)

Sairentu
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sairentu »

Lol, i did the same thing.

verkoka, are you sure that the right person will not get the letter?
After all someone should open the envelope and see who it's supposed to be for.
Favorite successes: Brian May IP, Marion Cotillard, Melanie Laurent, Emma Stone IP, Anna Friel, Lee Pace, Carey Mulligan, Amanda Seyfried, David Suchet, Anneke van Giersbergen IP, Katie Melua IP, Scarlett Johansson IP, Tom Hiddleston IP, Colin Farrell IP, Sean Bean IP
Latest successes: Abbie Cornish, Tatiana Maslany, Rob Brydon, Imogen Poots, Eva Green, Anton Lesser, David Bradley, Heidi Range, Kate Mara, Dakota Fanning, Elle Fanning, Emilia Clarke, Ciaran Hinds, Geoffrey Rush, Iain Glen, Stephen Dillane, Pedro Pascal, Conleth Hill, Tom Wlaschiha, Karine Vanasse, Hayley Atwell, Rosamund Pike, Katie Melua IP, Judi Dench, Charles Dance, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Kerry Ellis IP, Brian May IP
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

Sairentu wrote:Lol, i did the same thing.

I do think that someone will open the letter before the star gets it and maybe they will check the name and get it to the right person but it's probably a toss up. I might write again if it's a most wanted but I know, postage IS expensive.

BossC
Sairentu
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sairentu »

BossC wrote:
Sairentu wrote:Lol, i did the same thing.

I do think that someone will open the letter before the star gets it and maybe they will check the name and get it to the right person but it's probably a toss up. I might write again if it's a most wanted but I know, postage IS expensive.

BossC
Yeah, thanks for your answer. Hoping for the best
Favorite successes: Brian May IP, Marion Cotillard, Melanie Laurent, Emma Stone IP, Anna Friel, Lee Pace, Carey Mulligan, Amanda Seyfried, David Suchet, Anneke van Giersbergen IP, Katie Melua IP, Scarlett Johansson IP, Tom Hiddleston IP, Colin Farrell IP, Sean Bean IP
Latest successes: Abbie Cornish, Tatiana Maslany, Rob Brydon, Imogen Poots, Eva Green, Anton Lesser, David Bradley, Heidi Range, Kate Mara, Dakota Fanning, Elle Fanning, Emilia Clarke, Ciaran Hinds, Geoffrey Rush, Iain Glen, Stephen Dillane, Pedro Pascal, Conleth Hill, Tom Wlaschiha, Karine Vanasse, Hayley Atwell, Rosamund Pike, Katie Melua IP, Judi Dench, Charles Dance, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Kerry Ellis IP, Brian May IP
clash6361
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by clash6361 »

:lol: I never make these kind of mistakes because I'm paranoid the celeb might not be able to read my writing so I double or triple check each request. However, sometimes I forget to include return postage and thats annoying, especially when I write "I've included some dollars/stamps" LOL :lol:

Good luck though, I would resend and hopefully you'll get a success! {up}