Gene Cernan (Astronaut) Failure

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
ryeinc
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Gene Cernan (Astronaut) Failure

Post by ryeinc »

Sent- Some time in January
Received- 9/1/11
Address Used-
PO Box 19809
Houston, TX 77224-4809
USA

I sent Mr. Cernan (The last man on the Moon) a letter, two photos, a questionnaire, and a $3 donation sometime in January. I got all of that and a letter from "Astronaut Central" in Phoenix saying Mr. Cernan only signs his book, nothing else. It'll cost a fortune but I may have to try again with a book! Worth a shot!

Here's the envelope-
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/1195268.jpg/

And the letter-
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/1195269.jpg/
I'm a HUGE Jurassic Park fan, it's my favorite movie. I love collecting autographs

Please check out my Facebook autograph page-
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Through-The-Mails-of-Mobes/131415576932074

And my YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/ryeinc
TaylorSwiftFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Gene Cernan (Astronaut) Failure

Post by TaylorSwiftFan »

Wow! That is rude. I can't believe it. Sorry if you want his auto that bad go for it but I can't believe they said that. Do you have a Neil Armstrong address by any chance? Thanks and sorry about that!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi ryeinc :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Eugene Cernan on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
jjjj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jjjj »

Yes, Cernan will only sign a copy of his book. You can pick up a used one on Ebay for $5. That is what I did, sent it, and he signed it. Also it's not rude. People do not owe you an autograph just because you send a letter. It is more rude to expect a total stranger to do something for you. They are doing you a favor.
jjjj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jjjj »

TaylorSwiftFan wrote:Wow! That is rude. I can't believe it. Sorry if you want his auto that bad go for it but I can't believe they said that. Do you have a Neil Armstrong address by any chance? Thanks and sorry about that!

Neil Armstrong will not sign at any address. He doesn't sign, period.
ranrtt
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ranrtt »

Yeah, I got a copy of the book, pretty interesting read on top of it, sent it (it was under 30 bucks to send it and get it back) and he was happy to sign it...I think it's worth a shot to get one of only 12 men who stepped foot on the moon (considering several of them are dead, and as was said above, Neil Armstrong won't sign anything, and Buzz Aldrin signs but for around $300 or so). people pay way more than that for most athletes.
Most recent successes.Ed Asner, Bob Newhart, Mike Ditka, Tom Clancy, Cherie Curie, John Glenn, Lea Thompson,Alison Brie, Gillian Jacobs, Elle Fanning, Matt Bomer, Tim DeKay,Rosamund Pike,Stana Katic,Olivia Newton-John,Rachel McAdams,Ashley Greene,Zachary Levi, Sienna Miller,Brigitte Bardot,Summer Glau, Richard Dawson, Lynda Carter, Barbara Eden,Tina Louise,J.K. Simmons, Bill Cowher, Faith Hill, Goose Gossage,Jane Fonda,James Earl Jones, Gene Cernan, Jim Lovell, Jean Reno, Betty White, Clive Cussler, Jimmy Carter, Amanda Seyfried, Henry Kissinger, Fats Domino, Ray Bradbury, Maureen O'Hara,Tom Seaver,Ron Paul, Ross Perot,
Favorite in person. The 70s Steelers, Whitey Ford, Yogi Berra, Joe Montana, Peter Fonda, Bob Costas, Al Michaels, Dick Enberg, Sidney Crosby, Jon Dorenbos, John Carpenter, Barbara Crampton, Mark Howe, Jeffrey Combs, John Lithgow, Adam Baldwin, Pam Grier, Lou Brock, Brooks Robinson, Jesse Ventura, Dina Meyer, Brian Dawkins, Al Oliver, Greg Luzinski, Darren Daulton
ryeinc
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ryeinc »

jjjj wrote:Yes, Cernan will only sign a copy of his book. You can pick up a used one on Ebay for $5. That is what I did, sent it, and he signed it. Also it's not rude. People do not owe you an autograph just because you send a letter. It is more rude to expect a total stranger to do something for you. They are doing you a favor.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip on the book, I'm in the process of getting one! Also, I never said he was being rude!
I'm a HUGE Jurassic Park fan, it's my favorite movie. I love collecting autographs

Please check out my Facebook autograph page-
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Through-The-Mails-of-Mobes/131415576932074

And my YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/ryeinc
TaylorSwiftFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TaylorSwiftFan »

I mean it makes no sense to say I won't sign anything but my book, because they just want you to buy the book.
autographsrock
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autographsrock »

I wrote to Neil Armstrong months ago at home address and he said no. :shock: I really want jean Serbian and last night was going to buy his book and send it over. :)

Ps. Does he make you pay for an inscription?

All the best!
Autographsrock
All The Best,
Autographsrock