rude or nice celebs

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
CubsFanKEC1982
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: rude or nice celebs

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 »

ultimateager wrote:one of the biggest prickks walking god's green earth is Bob Knight. as expected he was a complete asshat the entire weekend. every other word was GD this and mother F that. and thats how he said he talked to his players... mind you they are 18 year old kids.

then he was walking through the hallway in the hotel rooms (they are narrow) swinging a golf iron. he never looked up or acknowledged we were there and made us move out of the way or else get hit. because he's Bob Knight and everybody needs to suck his dik and eat off the ground he **** on
Met Coach Knight last year at around this time and it was exactly the opposite. Had a private audience with him and he was great. Took a pic and signed a picture.
taylorr
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by taylorr »

Met Peter Frampton the other night after a concert. He was really cool, signed autographs and took pictures. He just seemed like a genuinely nice guy.
ails
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ails »

I've only met a few since I'm far away here in the Philippines. ^.^'

Met Omar Epps and Kurtwood Smith last May during their Resurrection Tour here in Southeast Asia. It was a quick event and I was lucky to have the opportunity to attend the event (as most attendees were promo/contest winners). By quick, oh man, really quick! The event started an hour and a half late so I guess the meet and greet photo op had to be fast to accommodate all fans. I was able to tell Omar I love House and Kurtwood I love Dead Poets Society. They both said thank you and they both were really nice. They were cool giving hugs and kisses to fans for the photo ops. Autographs weren't allowed by the organizers though and it was said before the photo op. A fan was able to ask Kurtwood to sign. Organizers rushed to stop her but was too late. My mom wanted to try too for me because I want their autographs but wouldn't attempt because it was already announced it wasn't allowed (What moms would do for their children! {??}). She asked Kurtwood. He seemed like he really wanted to but couldn't because the organizers will rush in again. I'm just thinking how lucky other fans are from Singapore and Malaysia because the local organizers there seemed to allow autographs as quite a number of fans had autographs as I saw on Facebook and Twitter. :(

In 2009, my mom and I went to an Air Supply concert. We were able to go backstage (more like back gate since the area was on the way to the driveway where their shuttle is waiting) with some friends and we caught up with Graham Russell. He signed autographs and he posed for pictures. He's so nice! My friend's a real fan of Air Supply and they're his heroes. He had a really nice conversation with Graham and I'm so happy for him. Maybe there's about a dozen of us fans in that area. While we were with Graham, Russell Hitchcock was far away at the exit of the backstage like letting things settle down. When Graham was done signing autographs and posing for pictures and was about to get into the shuttle, Russell went after him and rushed to the shuttle. I can't remember though if he was smiling or not, or made eye contact with fans. On a side note, there was a really strong hurricane that hit our country that time of the year just days before their concert and they were donating all proceeds of the concert to typhoon victims. There was also an auction for one of Graham's guitars for the typhoon victims too. On another concert of theirs years later, another friend who's an Air Supply fan was able to catch Russell at the lobby of the hotel where they were performing. He did pose for a picture and signed (I think). I'm not sure if my friend was able to chat with him.
Collected (27): Matthew Perry AP, Anthony Michael Hall, Matt LeBlanc AP, Denzel Washington, Julie Andrews PP (given to friend who's a fan), Hugh Laurie PP, Air Supply's Graham Russel (IP), Commodores, Callum Blue, Dan Castellaneta, Mandy Patinkin, Ted Levine Wild Wild West Autograph Card (bought from eBay), Seth MacFarlane PP, Kenneth Branagh, Joe Mantegna, Timothy Dalton (bought from eBay, not sure of authenticity), Daniel Craig, David Morrissey, Carole Ann Ford, Rupert Graves, Christopher Lambert, Simon Templeman, Barry Gibb, Andrew Lincoln, William Russell, James Buckley, Joe Thomas, Jonathan Banks
Sent/Waiting For: Tony Shalhoub, Andrew Scott, Camille Coduri, Sam Hazeldine, Kurtwood Smith, Simon Pegg, David Tennant, Simon Bird, Giancarlo Esposito
IP/TTM Wishlist: Hiroshi Nagano, Hugh Laurie, Hugh Jackman, John Cusack, Tony Shalhoub, Ted Levine, Timothy Dalton, Sean Connery, Breaking Bad cast, Jesse Spencer, Robert Sean Leonard, Seth MacFarlane, David Hayter, Leon Lai, Nick Cheung
oryxandcrake
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by oryxandcrake »

Def Leppard/Dio/Whitesnake guitarist Vivian Campbell is the rudest I´ve met by far. Gary Moore was far from nice too but at least I got his autograph when a friend and I spotted him walking on the street before a show. And Madonna, didn´t even acknowledge waiting fans while her bodyguard told us to f**k off.

And I see a pattern among former Kiss members - Vinnie Vincent, Ace Frehley and especially Peter Criss were total dicks.

Nicest - most are nice or at least OK but Rob Halford, Sammy Hagar, Jason Newsted, Mike Inez and Joe Lynn Turner deserve a mention.
Most Recent Success In Person: Candlemass
Favorite In Person successes: Van Halen, Springsteen, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Depeche Mode
Most Recent Success TTM: Robert Englund
Waiting For: Dave Mustaine
Most Wanted: Lemmy (RIP)
Pedrogsantos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Pedrogsantos »

From my experience Wes Anderson besides a great director is a very kind person...

Before his masterclass he seated beside us to watch a movie. I was seated right behind him and Willem Dafoe.

He was awsome even when he was crowded by his fans =)!

A blurred picture I took with him :mrgreen: ...

http://i.imgur.com/7aYHrc4.jpg
Favourite Successes!
photo sharing
gibson.morrow
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gibson.morrow »

I met Scout Taylor-Compton a few years ago when she came to Atrox Factory and she was SUPER sweet she talked to me for 20 minutes about horror movies :)
TTM Successes: Ann B. Davis & Wes Craven
Email Succeses: Susan Lucci & Judi Dench
WWE Superstars: Sheamus
HP Cast Successes: Rupert Grint, Matthew Lewis, & Shirley Henderson
TWD Cast Successes: Andrew Lincoln, IroneE Singleton, & Jeffrey Demunn
AddingAddresses
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AddingAddresses »

Nice
Betty White
Olivia De Havilland
Kirk Douglas
Jennifer Lawrence
Jimmy Carter
Bill Clinton
Tony Blair
Sophia Loren
Dakota Fanning
Ed Asner
Bill Collins
Bert Newton
Helen Mirren
Judi Dench
Maggie Smith
Lady GaGa
June Brown
Kim Kardashian
Angelina Jolie
Sophia Vergara
Roger Federer

Mean
Britney Spears
Gwenyth Paltrow
Kristen Stewart
Justin Bieber
Mariah Carey
Madonna
Naomi Campbell
Clint Eastwood
Megan Fox
Jessica Alba
super11
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by super11 »

I met Fall Out Boy last night. They're great!
ryanramsey86
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ryanramsey86 »

All of the nice people i've met or tried to get to sign

Nice
1. "Weird Al" Yankovic - Nicest guy in the world
2. Dennis DeYoung (Styx) - Very nice signed everything
3. Mike Love (Beach Boys) - He is borderline, will sign everything but may have an attitude
4. Bruce Johnston (Beach Boys) - Very down to earth
5. Al Jardine (Beach Boys
6. Brian Wilson (Beach Boys) - DO NOT overwhelm him he is very nice unless you do he does have bipolar and schizophrenia
7. Todd Rundgren (Musician)
8. Dave Couiler (Full House)
9. Richie Ramone (Ramones)
10. C.J. Ramone (Ramones) - VERY NICE
11. Ron Campbell (Artist)
12. Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Very nice to me but heard he can be rude
13. Emo Philips (Comedian)
14. The Trashmen (Surfin' Bird)
15. Steve Smith (Journey)
16. Barry Goudreau (Boston)
17. Tim Mahoney (The Voice)
18. Kasim Sulton (Musician) -Very Nice, gave me a free cd of his and signed it
19. Lou Gramm (Foreigner) - Very Nice, gave me a free hat and signed it
20. Dick Bremer (MN Twins Play by Play)
21. Joey DeFrancesco (Jazz Organist)
22. Scott Hamilton (Olympic Ice Skater)
23. Roy Smalley (MN Twins)

Rude
1. Ringo Starr (Beatles) - Never signs
2. Eric Bloom (Blue Oyster Cult) - Signed but was very rude
3. Buck Dharma (Blue Oyster Cult) - Signed but never spoke
4. Vince Neil (Motley Crue) - Hardly signs
IP: Dennis DeYoung, Bruce Johnston, Mike Love, Brian Wilson, Al Jardine, Todd Rundgren(My favorites)
oryxandcrake

Post by oryxandcrake »

ryanramsey86 wrote: Rude
1. Ringo Starr (Beatles) - Never signs
2. Eric Bloom (Blue Oyster Cult) - Signed but was very rude
3. Buck Dharma (Blue Oyster Cult) - Signed but never spoke
4. Vince Neil (Motley Crue) - Hardly signs
I got both Ringo and Vince Neil IP. Vince even twice for a total of 4 autographs. So maybe rarely, but certainly not never. I´d even say that Vince signs more than bandmate Mick Mars. And Dharma "signed but never spoke" - well it depends on the situation. If there´s a lot of fans around or he is in a hurry I wouldn´t call it rude to focus on the signing to make sure as many as possible get an autograph instead of standing and talking to just one fan.
Most Recent Success In Person: Candlemass
Favorite In Person successes: Van Halen, Springsteen, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Depeche Mode
Most Recent Success TTM: Robert Englund
Waiting For: Dave Mustaine
Most Wanted: Lemmy (RIP)