rude or nice celebs

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Alison221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: rude or nice celebs

Post by Alison221 »

I've met british actor Julian Morris (Hand of God, Pretty little liars) a few months back he's the most charming person I've ever met. He signed everything, and posed for pictures with everyone waiting for him. After he made sure that everyone who waited got an autograph he stayed for a while talking with the people who waited for him. {up} :)
ryanramsey86
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ryanramsey86 »

oryxandcrake wrote:
ryanramsey86 wrote: Rude
1. Ringo Starr (Beatles) - Never signs
2. Eric Bloom (Blue Oyster Cult) - Signed but was very rude
3. Buck Dharma (Blue Oyster Cult) - Signed but never spoke
4. Vince Neil (Motley Crue) - Hardly signs
I got both Ringo and Vince Neil IP. Vince even twice for a total of 4 autographs. So maybe rarely, but certainly not never. I´d even say that Vince signs more than bandmate Mick Mars. And Dharma "signed but never spoke" - well it depends on the situation. If there´s a lot of fans around or he is in a hurry I wouldn´t call it rude to focus on the signing to make sure as many as possible get an autograph instead of standing and talking to just one fan.

Ringo dosent sign anymore, vince just waved, buck I was the only one
IP: Dennis DeYoung, Bruce Johnston, Mike Love, Brian Wilson, Al Jardine, Todd Rundgren(My favorites)
TristAndShoutt
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TristAndShoutt »

I saw Bruce Springsteen on Broadway recently and got to see him out by the stage door- I left early and got a really good spot in the front while my mom stayed in to hear the rest of "Born to Run!" :D Anyways, he was really nice- certainly in a bit of a rush, but I imagine that doing the show tires him out and he wants to go home & relax so I don't blame him for not lingering and stopping to converse with everybody. I think he pretty much took the time to sign everybody's things, including a playbill and Greatest Hits CD that I had. When he was getting at my stuff I told him that the show was incredible, and he said "Thank you, young man," which really warmed my heart, especially as a musician and a big fan of his music. Whadda sweet guy he is :)

Other than that, though, Broadway cast members are usually really nice- my mom and I always wait by the doors after shows to meet them, get pics, signatures, etc. and of course there are some who just wave goodbye and leave, but I don't blame them because not everybody is comfortable with doing that stuff. Other than that though, all of the actors I've met have always been so sweet and they clearly love meeting and talking with fans so much.

About a year ago my mom and I met Senator Cory Booker, who spoke at some Democratic event here in Minnesota. He was a really cool dude, signed two programs and got a picture with us. Not that I'm guessing many people give a crap about political figures here, but it was nonetheless a solid experience.

Another great experience I had was with this really great but fairly obscure singer-songwriter named Chris Trapper who was opening for a concert of Colin Hay (the lead singer of Men at Work) and was just out selling his CDs in the lobby, signing them and doing pics if people wanted. He was extremely nice- I asked him about his favorite album of his, and he said it was difficult to answer but he highlighted two ones that he had just released. I really wanted to get a couple of CDs because I liked the music he had played in the concert, but my mom didn't have any cash and he didn't take cards so I wasn't able to. My mom suggested getting him to sign a bar napkin instead, so I went and got a napkin and told him that my mom didn't have any cash. Chris then cut me off before I could mention the napkin and told me "Aw hey, that's alright. You can just have the CDs and pay me at the next concert you go to." How selfless of him! He signed both CDs, and I even got a couple of pictures with him as well before I went in to see Colin. I haven't been to any other concerts of his yet, but if I ever do (which there's a solid chance that I will), I'm definitely paying him that money that I owe him. He deserves it.

I guess that's about all I can think of. I've met a few other musicians as well (and gotten sigs from some of them) and they were all extremely nice, but they're mostly local musicians from Minnesota that nobody would probably know about. Adam Levy, the lead singer of a great Indie rock band from Minneapolis called The Honeydogs, played at some political fundraising events- one for my mom's State Senate campaign and another for the DFL at my high school, both of which I played at alongside him- and he was really nice both times. I had found a Honeydogs CD at my local Goodwill store, and brought it to the first event for him to sign. He signed the inside of the CD sleeve with a really nice personalized message ("Tristan, Good luck to you in your musical pursuits. Love & light!") which was really great of him. There was also The Cat's Pajamas- if you know them, then it's probably because you saw them on an episode of America's Got Talent. They're an a cappella vocal group, and a really damn good one at that! They performed at a concert for my grandma's chorus that she's in, and they were out selling CDs. The performance blew me away- I guess it's nothing that special now that I look back, but I was a really young preteen at the time and had seen nothing like it so it was really quite impactful for me at that time- so my mom let me get a CD from them. When I was there, the bass guy (named Skinner, I think) asked me which one I wanted. I hesitated and "ummm"'d because I wasn't sure, and after like 8 seconds he just grabbed a random album and said something along the lines of "Here, how about this one? Latest album, best-seller, whaddaya say?" So I said ok, and he jokingly whispered out loud to a woman in line something like "None o' that's true, I just made it up to get him to choose quicker." It was a bit off-putting at the time and even sort of now, but he clearly was saying in a way that I could hear and I think it was totally facetious. And it was funny anyways so it's cool. All 5 of the members signed the album, and it was one of my first experiences with something like that. But I think that's about everything. I'll be sure to post about any other experiences that I have in the future! :D
Successes: Tom Kalinske, Annie Potts, Phil Collins, Alexey Pajitnov
Pending: Randy Newman
In-person autographs: Bruce Springsteen, Chris Trapper, Adam Levy (lead singer of The Honeydogs)
Broadway casts: Hamilton 2017 & 2018, “The Lion King” 2017, “The Band’s Visit” 2018
Berniemoore24
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Berniemoore24 »

Sadly, I don't think I ever will meet a US politician, living in Australia and what not.
Fair enough. Glad you had a positive experiance with her :-) I am a man of few talents lol, but something my mates always say is that I am an excellent judge of character, the best they know. I had her down as a fake from day 1 to be honest. I, however, fully admit bias in this case though. ;-)
You know,with politicians, it is so hard to tell their true personality. They always, ALWAYS, have to be "on", know what I mean?
P.s. Trust me, I know the joys of a break as well ;-) haha
really bad when sportsman starts smoking! They are the example fro the young generetion! If you want to smoke so smoke electronic cigarettes these devices don't make harm! But this fashion isn't well for all!
horselightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by horselightning »

I met Donny Osmond for few minutes once he seemed nice. Can not say much for his security. You can not get autigraphd out Osmonds. I tried with Donn and Marie and they kept my pictutes I made. Bummer. Peter noone is nice shooks both my hands at a show of his. But watch out for his noonaticks. crazy bunch of pyshco fans who smooshed me into the stage. Met Micky Dolenz he was real nice. Problem now is he has to many leaches wotrking for him . So you may get charged big time for his autograph now. I got all mine free. Met Peter Tork . The less said about him the better. Saw Tiffany in my mall She only signed for those who gave money and walked buy me with her nose in the air. Lee Currie Fame and His Wife Sherry are the sweetest people. I never asked him for autigraph but gave him some of my art and became face book friends with him. You can write and he probably send you a autigraph in a coupler months real busy guy. Not sure he is listed in the database. Anyone know about Michael Gray from Shazam? He just been popping up at conventions over the last few years. My impression of him is he is only nice if he gets the money. Watch out for his fan chicks they are nasty ones. But then so are Robert Wagners. You nose fan b's real nast bunch of fan boys and fan girls think they got to protect the celeb at all cost and run fan stuff for them. can not stand there kind. I also met Alex Trebex at the mall and he didnt say much for signged my fan. I also got to meet Martin Milner real nice guy.. He signed my fan at the fair. I had to pay Lou Fregno for his. Didnt sayt a thing snatched the money from my hand. yikes! His hander wwer nice people had good conversation with them. Can not think of anyone else...hmmm Oh I got Dirk Benedicts and Ricahrd Thomas aurograhps in the mail. Nice of them to answer. Shoot I got Dirk to get pissed at his fan girl. Do not ask it is along story. I;pm a good writer lol/.
Age only matters if your cheese-Micky Dolenz
SeahawksFan12
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SeahawksFan12 »

Mike Bossy is one of the nicest people ever, I was at a convention and while he was leaving he was taking pictures with his fans and he was beginning to leave he came back to take a selfie with me! He is super nice!!!