KATIE HOPKINS (THE MOST HATED WOMAN IN BRITAIN) - SUCCESS!

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
SnapShots2015
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

KATIE HOPKINS (THE MOST HATED WOMAN IN BRITAIN) - SUCCESS!

Post by SnapShots2015 »

40 year old Katie Hopkins made her first public appearance on a TV show called The Apprentice in 2007. The prize was to win a £100,000 a year job as an apprentice to Alan Sugar. Throughout the series Katie made controversial and critical comments to the camera and turned down a place in the series final. The die had been cast; Katie started as she meant to go on...

The same year her profile was raised when she took part in I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

Shortly after, 'I'm a Celebrity...' she started writing a column for one of the biggest selling tabloid newspapers in the UK, The Sun. Here, Katie was given carte blanche to air her views (that many considered highly offensive) on subjects that particularly riled her. These included, her hate for allowing asylum seekers into the UK, women breastfeeding in public, children's names that are based on 'geographical location', her dislike for anything Scottish, body shaming plus size figures, along with many others.
Nobody escapes Katie's poison pen. From prominent public political figures to topical celebrities; all face Katie's wrath if they dare to irk her.
A petition was started to have her sacked from The Sun, that thousands signed, but knowing Katie's outrageous 'column', (which was by now a 2 full page spread), was pushing sales, The Sun paid no attention it.

She is in essence a controversial loudmouth that has been given a media megaphone. Most of the press have now labelled her 'The Most Hated Woman In Britain!'. A title that a none political woman has ever earned before. Katie is particularly proud of this.

To add insult to injury she started her own Twitter feed, on which she claims she's only saying what we are all thinking. Her daily Tweets are too inflammatory to mention here (the one's that are included on the autographed photo she sent me are of the more milder nature). On more than one occasion her Tweets have prompted investigations by the Police. Katie now has to pay for 24 hour security protection for herself and family due to the numerous death threats she's received.

In 2015 Katie's notoriety reached a new high, when she entered the UK Celebrity Big Brother House (to a baying crowd of raucous 'boos' and negative chants). Her behavior attracted 100's of complaints during her time on the show but despite this, she made it all the way to the final and came second place!

Her star seems to continue to rise as she has just completed the filming of her own chat show, If Katie Hopkins Ruled The World! Aired on the channel TLC.

I wrote to Katie as I find her a curious product of today's pop culture and am perplexed at how long she can sustain her 'fame' with these current tactics. Will Katie achieve longevity or will karma bite her career in the rear and she'll crash and burn..?

I sent her a 5 page A5 LOR asking for an autographed photo, 1 6"x4" index card, SASE.

Address: (taken from http://www.katiehopkins.co.uk)

Katie Hopkins
PO Box 818
Exeter
EX1 9WG

Sent: 22/08/2015
Received: 19/09/2015
Turnaround: 4 Weeks

Received autographed A4 photo and index card in my SASE.
BenJones90
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: KATIE HOPKINS (THE MOST HATED WOMAN IN BRITAIN) - SUCCES

Post by BenJones90 »

If people like you continue to make her out as a celebrity the answer is of course yes.

The people who support her are just as bad in my book.
SnapShots2015
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SnapShots2015 »

BenJones90 wrote:If people like you continue to make her out as a celebrity the answer is of course yes.

If you'd read my post, you'd see that no where have I referred to Katie as a 'celebrity', while citing her resume. I believe I've described her as, 'a controversial loudmouth that has been given a media megaphone'.
The fact is, Katie's career is not built on people that 'make her out to be a celebrity' or 'The people who support her'. Its built on people that react negatively towards her, such as your post. She thrives on it. If everyone chose to ignore Katie her career would wither and die. Think on...
(BTW, it was in fact a rhetorical question :p)
Morphindel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Morphindel »

SnapShots2015 wrote:
BenJones90 wrote:If people like you continue to make her out as a celebrity the answer is of course yes.

The fact is, Katie's career is not built on people that 'make her out to be a celebrity' or 'The people who support her'. Its built on people that react negatively towards her, such as your post. She thrives on it. If everyone chose to ignore Katie her career would wither and die. Think on...
That makes no sense. If you're asking her for an autograph, she continues to feel important enough to keep herself in the limelight. If everyone ignored her, her career would wither and die as you said. So why are you supporting her by giving her that attention?

BenJones is right.
Recent Successes:
Jessica Chastain, Saoirse Ronan!<3 (TTM), Uzo Aduba, Laura Carmichael & Zawe Ashton (ip), Jane Horrocks, Gemma Arterton, Jim Broadbent, Lucy Liu, Christina Ricci, Andres Muschietti, Bill Skarsgard, and the cast of IT, Ian McKellen, Noomi Rapace (VV), MST3K/Rifftrax main cast (Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, Kevin Murphy), Geddy Lee (ip)
Morphindal
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Morphindal »

SnapShots2015 wrote:40 year old Katie Hopkins made her first public appearance on a TV show called The Apprentice in 2007. The prize was to win a £100,000 a year job as an apprentice to Alan Sugar. Throughout the series Katie made controversial and critical comments to the camera and turned down a place in the series final. The die had been cast; Katie started as she meant to go on...

The same year her profile was raised when she took part in I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

Shortly after, 'I'm a Celebrity...' she started writing a column for one of the biggest selling tabloid newspapers in the UK, The Sun. Here, Katie was given carte blanche to air her views (that many considered highly offensive) on subjects that particularly riled her. These included, her hate for allowing asylum seekers into the UK, women breastfeeding in public, children's names that are based on 'geographical location', her dislike for anything Scottish, body shaming plus size figures, along with many others.
Nobody escapes Katie's poison pen. From prominent public political figures to topical celebrities; all face Katie's wrath if they dare to irk her.
A petition was started to have her sacked from The Sun, that thousands signed, but knowing Katie's outrageous 'column', (which was by now a 2 full page spread), was pushing sales, The Sun paid no attention it.

She is in essence a controversial loudmouth that has been given a media megaphone. Most of the press have now labelled her 'The Most Hated Woman In Britain!'. A title that a none political woman has ever earned before. Katie is particularly proud of this.

To add insult to injury she started her own Twitter feed, on which she claims she's only saying what we are all thinking. Her daily Tweets are too inflammatory to mention here (the one's that are included on the autographed photo she sent me are of the more milder nature). On more than one occasion her Tweets have prompted investigations by the Police. Katie now has to pay for 24 hour security protection for herself and family due to the numerous death threats she's received.

In 2015 Katie's notoriety reached a new high, when she entered the UK Celebrity Big Brother House (to a baying crowd of raucous 'boos' and negative chants). Her behavior attracted 100's of complaints during her time on the show but despite this, she made it all the way to the final and came second place!

Her star seems to continue to rise as she has just completed the filming of her own chat show, If Katie Hopkins Ruled The World! Aired on the channel TLC.

I wrote to Katie as I find her a curious product of today's pop culture and am perplexed at how long she can sustain her 'fame' with these current tactics. Will Katie achieve longevity or will karma bite her career in the rear and she'll crash and burn..?

I sent her a 5 page A5 LOR asking for an autographed photo, 1 6"x4" index card, SASE.

Address: (taken from http://www.katiehopkins.co.uk)

Katie Hopkins
PO Box 818
Exeter
EX1 9WG

Sent: 22/08/2015
Received: 19/09/2015
Turnaround: 4 Weeks

Received autographed A4 photo and index card in my SASE.
Well I personally like her and her attitude. I hope she wins the lottery. She deserves it.
SnapShots2015
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SnapShots2015 »

Morphindel wrote:
SnapShots2015 wrote:

That makes no sense. If you're asking her for an autograph, she continues to feel important enough to keep herself in the limelight. If everyone ignored her, her career would wither and die as you said. So why are you supporting her by giving her that attention?

BenJones is right.
The amount of autograph requests received or her own sense of self importance isn't what keeps Katie Hopkins in the limelight.
Its ratings, newspaper and magazine sales that keeps her in the spotlight and the irony is, there's more people that dislike Katie than like her, so its the haters that maintain her prominent profile by giving her the attention and reactions she's deliberately garnering.
If people refused to buy The Sun on the day her column appears, or any magazines she features in, change the TV channel whenever she appears on screen and switch off the radio when they hear her voice - then her media presence could be damaged.
Katie courts controversy and people choose to read/listen/watch her and be enraged. This is the Baby Bio to her career.
Equally the public have the choice to disregard her but this proves difficult with many when they feel they have the moral high ground over someone (Katie), and therefore go on the attack. *This* is the attention Katie requires to sustain her public profile. Katie has tapped into this niche of the human psyche and is forging a career from it. I just wonder how long it can last...
Love her or hate her, Katie Hopkins gets people talking, which I think this thread clearly demonstrates.
Morphindal
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Morphindal »

SnapShots2015 wrote:The amount of autograph requests received or her own sense of self importance isn't what keeps Katie Hopkins in the limelight.
Its ratings, newspaper and magazine sales that keeps her in the spotlight and the irony is, there's more people that dislike Katie than like her, so its the haters that maintain her prominent profile by giving her the attention and reactions she's deliberately garnering.
If people refused to buy The Sun on the day her column appears, or any magazines she features in, change the TV channel whenever she appears on screen and switch off the radio when they hear her voice - then her media presence could be damaged.
Katie courts controversy and people choose to read/listen/watch her and be enraged. This is the Baby Bio to her career.
Equally the public have the choice to disregard her but this proves difficult with many when they feel they have the moral high ground over someone (Katie), and therefore go on the attack. *This* is the attention Katie requires to sustain her public profile. Katie has tapped into this niche of the human psyche and is forging a career from it. I just wonder how long it can last...
Love her or hate her, Katie Hopkins gets people talking, which I think this thread clearly demonstrates.

You do go on and on don't you! Zzzzzzz What a drainer!!! lol
SnapShots2015
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SnapShots2015 »

Morphindal wrote:
SnapShots2015 wrote:The amount of autograph requests received or her own sense of self importance isn't what keeps Katie Hopkins in the limelight.

You do go on and on don't you! Zzzzzzz What a drainer!!! lol
Not regarding the above comment! :p
Morphindel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Morphindel »

Wow, you really are a pathetic little cun.t arent you? (Im not talking to you, snapshot). Im talking to the little fu.ckta.rd abortion-case with no life 'Themagictouch' who has nothing better to do than pretend to be me and post under the name 'morphindal' - you'll notice there is an E in my name.

Problem is boyo, that you'll never be as good as me. Try as you might, you might need to accept that you'll have to try growing a pair, a brain, and get a life. Ive already reported you to admin once, so next time they will hopefully ban you for good.
Recent Successes:
Jessica Chastain, Saoirse Ronan!<3 (TTM), Uzo Aduba, Laura Carmichael & Zawe Ashton (ip), Jane Horrocks, Gemma Arterton, Jim Broadbent, Lucy Liu, Christina Ricci, Andres Muschietti, Bill Skarsgard, and the cast of IT, Ian McKellen, Noomi Rapace (VV), MST3K/Rifftrax main cast (Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, Kevin Murphy), Geddy Lee (ip)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi SnapShots2015 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Katie Hopkins on Fanmail.biz

Fanmail 8)