Self Printed pictures

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
barmy_army008

Self Printed pictures

Post by barmy_army008 »

Has anyone had many successes with self-printed pictures?

I usually include just a blank postcard, but on the couple of occassions where i've wanted to ensure I get a picture back rather than just the postcard, i've printed one out and sent that instead. These are the ones i've heard nothing from.

They aren't actually printed 'photos', i've just done a Google search and printed onto glossy paper. Do you think theres a policy with some people that they'll only sign proper pictures (I think I read thatt Arsenal players did this) or ones they provide themselves?
LaceyChabertFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LaceyChabertFan »

You should use a site like truprint.co.uk or ofoto.co.uk and upload the pictures and have them printed there. I print them on 4x6 through those sites and you get your first 10 4x6 prints free on both sites. If you refer a friend on truprint and they create an account, you can get 20 free prints for each person you refer. Myself and Alan referred our own email accounts, signed up for accounts with all of them, and on one account ended up with over 100 free prints. So I got 110 prints for 99p..
maybetobe44
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by maybetobe44 »

most stars have their own b&w headshots. unless you're sending via venue, you'll most likely NOT need your own photo. if i do send stuff, i would send magazine cut-outs and stuff like that.
barmy_army008

Post by barmy_army008 »

Lucas42 wrote: Or maybe it makes you seem too much like a professional collector.
I hope not. I don't sell any pictures or anything, I just do it for fun, so I wouldn't like them to get that impression.

I've only printed things out when I wanted to ensure I got something recognisable. I guess theres always a chance they'll just sign the index card, and when thats happened on a couple of occassions, I havn't been sure who its from.

I think in future i'll just send a blank postcard and keep my fingers crossed for a picture from them.
LaceyChabertFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I actually hate sending index cards because i think that makes it look like you're a collector. They must go "hmm an index card...and they bought a pack of 100 for 100 other celebs to sign huh?" I hate giving that impression so if i do send an index card i say that i didn't have anything to send that i didn't mind losing so my dad gave me an index card as he has lots for work :P haha!
zdevin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by zdevin »

I've had many successes from photo's I've printed myself!

BTW - I originally printed my photos on glossy paper but discovered that several celebrities used non permanent pens to sign the photo which caused the autograph to essentially fall off the glossy paper (how frustrating)... Since I've switched to matte photo paper I've had no problems.

On several occasions (Pierce Brosnan and Elton John) they sent back my original photo unsigned, but included their own signed photo (Brosnan sent an authentic autograph --- Elton John sent a preprint). Bill Cosby sent me a preprint photo in my SASE, but didn't return the printed photo I sent him...

I've recieved these autographs and more from pictures I've printed:

-Emmylou Harris
-Sylvester Stallone
-Clint Eastwood
-John Travolta
-George Lazenby
-Susan Sarandon

Hope this helps.

ZDevin
biggestellefan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by biggestellefan »

I printed my own photo for Thora Birch and she signed it for me with an awesome inscription. :)
LaceyChabertFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

What did she write? :)
biggestellefan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by biggestellefan »

After the dedication she wrote, "All the best to you my friend, Thora"
Peruvian Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Peruvian Fan »

zdevin wrote: On several occasions (Pierce Brosnan and Elton John) they sent back my original photo unsigned, but included their own signed photo (Brosnan sent an authentic autograph --- Elton John sent a preprint). Bill Cosby sent me a preprint photo in my SASE, but didn't return the printed photo I sent him...
Which address did you use for Pierce? :P