Personalized or Not?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.

Personalized or Not?

You may select 1 option

View results

withered
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Personalized or Not?

Post by withered »

Personalized.

I collect for me. I'm not a dealer. It's my collection. Having my name added to an autograph makes it that much more special, especially if it's authentic. Of course, I would never ever refuse an non-personalized one. I'm not a dealer so there's basically no "MAYBE SHE'LL SELL IT" factor with me. I don't collect to make money, it's a hobby.

The only thing I don't like being personalized (because it takes up SO MUCH ROOM) are sports cards. Ugh. I don't sell those either, for the record. I have some.
karlb82
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by karlb82 »

Depends if personalized by celebrity yes cause its been done for you and makes it special but not if a sec personalized , plus I understand why some wouldn't want it personalized cause if you were to ever tade or sell it woundnt worth as much, all depends if your collecting as a hobbie or for future investment, for me its a nice hobbie
requests sent out;
kristen bauer,pixie lott,cheryl cole,damian lewis,matt smith,deb ann woll,stana katic,jim broadbent,kelly clarkson,callum blue,russell brand,angel coulby,andrew lincoln,robert hardy,rachel mcadams,rosamund pike,amanda seyfried,dana delany,anna friel,jenna-louise coleman,nelsan ellis,danai gurira,gemma atkinson,helen mccorory,kimberley walsh,david tennant,william petersen,henry winkler,sasha alexander,jeri ryan,chris rankin,skanker keynes,michael cerveris,

total autographs collected =85 pre-printed =10 personalised =43

visit my facebook page,it has all my success's and my collection; https://www.facebook.com/TonysAutographCollection
Corriefan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Corriefan »

I am so pleased that when I wrote to Philip Lowrie from Coronation Street that he wrote back with a signed cast card personalised it for me "To Ben, Best Wishes, Philip Lowrie". This is my most relevant autograph I think and I am glad I havesomething that he wrote on in my possession.
EmmaSheree

Re:

Post by EmmaSheree »

The_Terrible_Toad_King wrote:I like personalised, even better I think if theyve left a little message on the pic for you as well :) like what Jonny Wilkinson does
Me too my first ever autograph which came through the post had a letter with it for me

i was so disappointed when the next one came and it didnt have a letter
droidguy1119
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by droidguy1119 »

Early in my autograph collecting days I didn't think hard enough about what I wanted to have signed, so I had two personalized items I ended up wanting to sell. I actually got rid of one to a guy who didn't even share my name, but he wanted the autograph so much he took it anyway. The other, I just wish I'd gotten the autographs on different items, but oh well. These days, I have enough confidence in the item I've chosen (i.e. what movie, since I get DVD and Blu-Ray covers autographed) and the person who I'm getting an autograph from to say I like personalization.
My Autograph and Memorabilia Albums (facebook) - 2004-2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015
Corriefan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Corriefan »

I prefer personalized. Shows they probably took the time to read the letter. And it is more sentimental that they actually spared 3 or 4 seconds to write your name on it. Some stars may have a stack of pre signed then personalize each one for each letter request and shove it back into the SAE.
sohryu76
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sohryu76 »

Whatever I get back as long as I can be pretty sure its from the actual person... and not just an AP PP or Sec...

Personalized? Yes, Awesome... Not Personalized? Sure why not. :)
http://sohryu76-autographs.blogspot.com/ - my Autograph Collecting Blog. Thanks for looking!
http://breadnfire.tumblr.com/ - Peeta Mellark's version of the Hunger Games
Marvel Avengers Alliance Game - Great Time Killer
Currently Waiting For:
Nikki Reed, Josh Hutcherson (Private Address), Jennifer Lawrence (Private Address), Gwyneth Paltrow (Iron Man 3 VV), Josh Duhamel (VV), Julianne Hough (VV), Mark Ruffalo (VV), Jennifer Lawrence (VV), Josh Hutcherson (VV)

Pending In Order:
Julia Jones, Sno E. Blac, Elisha Cuthbert, Amber Lancaster, Aly Michalka, Taylor Swift Booboo Stewart (Once Julia Jones comes back)

Received:
Norman Reedus (VV-The Walking Dead) 7/16/2012, Isabelle Fuhrman 08/21/2012, Jennifer Lawrence Sec 09/08/2012, Ashley Greene (VV) 03/02/2013, Suzanne Collins (Private Address) 03/11/2013
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

It doesn't matter to me.
BUT it's said that NON personalized photos and such are worth more.

But for my collection, I don't care :)
I'm happy with any success.
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
Corriefan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Corriefan »

Some people even sell on personalised ones which to me I think is a waste if the celeb took the time to personalise it. Although the autograph collector may be one who receives them then sells them on.
MarinaLFN
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MarinaLFN »

I like when celebrities personalize me.. :)
This is my hobby, and I collecting autographs for myself..because I like and respect that people.
I think it isn't ok to make money from autographs..not nice at all..because of that I can't get answers from some of my favorites...