Personalized or Not?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.

Personalized or Not?

You may select 1 option

View results

Brookton
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Brookton »

Hi,

I prefer personalized photographs. I dont know why but I suppose its cause its written to me personally and that way you know its not a PP.

Brookton
Latest success - Alfie Enoch
Visit my website! - http://www.tara-j.webs.com
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

Brookton wrote:Hi,

I prefer personalized photographs. I dont know why but I suppose its cause its written to me personally and that way you know its not a PP.

Brookton
yeah, but unfortunately, some personalized autographs are still preprints. :(
Danny

Post by Danny »

I agree with dgangel. Then again getting a PP or an autopen is better then nothing. Don't understand why people complain when they don't get an authentic autograph.
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

Danny wrote:I agree with dgangel. Then again getting a PP or an autopen is better then nothing. Don't understand why people complain when they don't get an authentic autograph.
yeah, id rather get a pp or autopen than nothing. But an authentic is definitly more rewarding :D
Danny

Post by Danny »

I know it is..but can't win all the time :)
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

yep, thats true Danny. And preprints/autopens, make the hobby all the more interesting and challenge. If it were an authentic success all the time, it would not been that interesting. I love the challenge of trying to get the authentic autograph of a celeb who only sends preprints. Whether by sending them viavenue, or trying to write the best letter I have ever written :wink:
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

Danny wrote:I agree with dgangel. Then again getting a PP or an autopen is better then nothing. Don't understand why people complain when they don't get an authentic autograph.
I believe the problem is that some people believe that all celebrities should send out authentic autographs. In a perfect world, we would all get authentic autographs but that doesn't happen.

If a celebrity sends you a pre-print or autopen then don't get mad because at least they answered your request & it's better than nothing. Some celebrities never even read their fanmail or some celebrities read their fanmail but never respond.
eug
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by eug »

i prefer them personalized because it means that they have taken the time to actually read your letter (or at least your name at the top of the letter!)

and also, my bedroom is completely covered (bar one little corner) in movie posters, actor photos, autographs, magazine/newspaper clippings etc. so it looks really good if they are to you!

eug {up} :mrgreen:
autographs pending: Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Helena Bonham Carter

latest success: Cate Blanchett
glucklich

Re: Personalized or Not?

Post by glucklich »

Definitely personalized. Just getting a signature is cool too, but it feels like they had a ton of those lying around and just picked one up and stuck it in an envelope. When it's personalized it's like, "Oh, they read my letter, they actually took the time to sign something for me" I dunno, that's just how I feel about it.
Authentic: 87 ||| PP/AP: 58 |||Authenticity Unknown: 4 ||||| Total: 149