Weird Situation... Any Insight?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
camnc123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Weird Situation... Any Insight?

Post by camnc123 »

So today I received one of my 8x10 SASE... With nothing inside. They are the type of envelopes you have to lick to stick and also a metal clip. My theory is that they refused to sign my item and just sent my envelope back or that a celeb mass-signed a bunch of photos and, in a big pile of envelopes to be sent out to other fans, they forgot to put the signed photo in it. I am very bummed regardless, mostly because I can't even begin to pinpoint who it was, but what do you guys think? I'm new to the fan mail game and was wondering if stuff like this has happened to y'all.
camnc123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Weird Situation... Any Insight?

Post by camnc123 »

Greg2600 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:36 pm It was sealed? I've seen cases where they don't seal the envelope and stuff can slip out. In some cases the celebrity or the assistants get overwhelmed and forget to pack it. Some have written back, and explained the situation, and then received something back. If you have no idea who it was, well, just gotta chalk it up to "the cost of doing business."
Unfortunately you are probably right. I’m bummed but I get it, I get a lot of successes and stuff like this is bound to happened. Thanks for the info!