How the hell do I pre-pay for postage, US to UK??

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
fre3bird
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

How the hell do I pre-pay for postage, US to UK??

Post by fre3bird »

Hi ive been told by 2 post offices that I cant pre-pay for postage to put on my return envelope. Im trying to send a SAE and pics to sign, to America, and all I want to do is make sure the return envelope has the stamps on it it needs.

Can anyone help, cheers.....

Leon.
UK.
joaquin_lafayette
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How the hell do I pre-pay for postage, US to UK??

Post by joaquin_lafayette »

Hello Leo,

Just put $5 in the envelope.

Good luck !
LSHj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How the hell do I pre-pay for postage, US to UK??

Post by LSHj »

Hi Leon,
I put postage on my envelopes (from US to US; from US to Canada, and from US to UK) all the time and get them back practically every day. I just bought some stamps from the UK yesterday! haha

The price, I suspect, would depend on the size and the weight. If you send out two 8x10 inch photos for example, just be careful not to put any thick corrugated cardboard to protect the photos or you'll have to pay a higher rate as parcel which is around $14 US dollars from US to UK. Otherwise, if it's bendable and more like paper, it should be in the $8 US dollar range. (I use a very thin cardboard that is used for mailing photos and still somewhat flexible) and it goes out at the $8 price.

In short, you can go online and buy 8 dollars + worth of stamps. Maybe put $9 worth of stamps to be safe. to have it go back to the UK.

Good luck!