Comic Book Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
DR35150
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Comic Book Collectors

Post by DR35150 »

MainManBlade wrote:Alex Ross does not do TTM, he lives down stream from me in Schaumburg, IL. he is very picky about his in-store signings and show appearances lately. he wants to spend more time with his family...but when he does show up he there for his fans and he signs until his hand breaks!
Two stores that he does frequent are:
Keith's Komix (Schaumburg, IL) and BuyMeToys.com (South Bend, IN) contact them both to find out when his next in-store appearance will be. I know the owner of BuyMeToys ask for Casey Heying and they can put you on their mailing list and who knows? You may be able to hit him up in person. If not, maybe you can get an exception to policy and ship them a few books just in time for his next appearance.
He is scheduled to be at the next Chicago comic con called C2E2 in downtown Chicago, IL April 2010.
hope this helps... :)
Thanks MainManBlade!!!
"Well I couldn't help it, I was dreaming I was awake. And then I woke up and found myself asleep."
legendwithoutaname

Post by legendwithoutaname »

You can buy Alex Ross signed items from http://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/ for a reasonable price. I have not bought one yet but someday soon I will.
I will NOT PM you an address.
I will assist you in getting said address.
IE: give you pointers on where to get it.
legendwithoutaname

I sent to Joe Simon and Gary Friedrich this week. Wish me luck
smanzari
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by smanzari »

Good Luck! I had very quick returns from both of them! I was thinking about sending to Joe Kubert c/o his art school, anybody think that would work? I tried to email them and did not recieve a reply so I may call them next week...
Please do not message me for any reason- I will not respond, I no longer use this website.
legendwithoutaname

I hope I have good luck with them as you did.

The Kubert School would be a great starting point
cklamer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cklamer »

1name1legend wrote:anyone tried these?

Steve Ditko
Steve Ditko Artist
200 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019-6833
USA

John Romita
ACTOR
11301 Olympic Blvd., #587
Los Angeles, CA 90064
USA

Todd McFarlane
c/o The McFarlane Companies
1711 West Greentree Dr., suite 208
Tempe, AZ 85284-2717

Hello everyone I will tell you now don't send anything to the ACTOR address listed because it is no longer actice and the name has been changed to The Hero Initiative and this is a charity that helps comic book creators and John Romita is on one of the boards there and I know this because I have worked with them as one of their Regional Board Members for about 8 1/2 years now. John is retired and is not currently drawing or signing unless he happens to do something for the charity. But Dynamic Forces was recently selling some Romita Spiderman sketch covers for half price and that is very cool. We are also selling some original sketch covers on eBay to raise money and there is one by Herb Trimpe that is very cool it covers the front and back of two seperate books and if you put the front covers together it makes one long cover and you can find these at the link listed below.

http://shop.ebay.com/heroinitiative/m.h ... ksid=p4340

I wouldn't waste my time sending anything to Steve Ditko he pretty much no longer does anything and it will probably just end up in his garbage can. Can't say anything about Todd because you never know he has helped our charity out before but like I said you never know. It sucks but I know just about everone you want autographs from and literally have their emails and phone numbers but because of why I have them is pretty much the reason I can't give them out.

I do however go to about 5-6 conventions a year and we have some of these artists at our booth helping us raise money including Dan Jurgens and most of them are my friends. I also collect a lot of original artwork so with contacting them often for commissions and setting up convention schedules you really get to know people. The best thing I can recommend is search on places like the publisher sites because you can find links to most on the forums and can even send messages there and some also have Yahoo groups and like listed above a lot of them are on My Space and Facebook and Twitter just do a friend search.

I am on Facebook and I have most of them as friends so look up Chris Klamer on Facebook friend me and you will see a list of names in my friends.

I have tons of signed comics I stopped taking them because it just got to be too much trouble and I have several thousand comics and I am running out of room to store them.

Well good luck and if anyone has a question just ask.

By the way another place to find comic artists is on a website that I have most of my art collection listed on it is http://www.comicartfans.com and it is a free site and you can just search on there.
smanzari
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by smanzari »

Thanks for the insight! I added you as a friend on facebook! LMK if you would be willing to sell/trade some of your signed books!
Please do not message me for any reason- I will not respond, I no longer use this website.
legendwithoutaname

I had heard that about Ditko. I guess we all don't want to be rock stars
legendwithoutaname

Chris Giarrusso Success. He sent me an awesome Superman Mini-Marvels Style Sketch

I sent him an Email via his site or Face-book not sure which one about a week ago

Pics on Both Sites:
CLICK ME FOR HOBBY SITE
CLICK ME FOR ALL MY SKETCHES ON MY COLLECTING SITE

Chris Giarrusso is a comic book artist and cartoonist best known for the all-ages series G-MAN at Image Comics and MINI MARVELS at Marvel Comics. Giarrusso created the Mini Marvels comic strips, featuring Marvel superheroes as children, which have appeared as back up features in many Marvel comics.
smanzari
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by smanzari »

Nice! Was there a return address? I got in touch with Joe Kubert and am sending some comics off this week to him! I'll LYK when it comes back!