Comic Book Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Nato64
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Comic Book Collectors

Post by Nato64 »

That looks awesome!! Congrats!!!
Nato64
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nato64 »

Well, I have some bad news. It seems Larry Hama has reached his breaking point. According to his facebook page, he will no longer be signing anything through the mail. He has hit a string a those Delta Bravo's abusing him even in person, and has cut off signing through the mail. He tells a story where a dealer sent his son multiple times with comics to be signed, even going as far as changing the kids shirt and putting hats on him. That, and the large amount of comics individuals send him at his home address has turned him very sour. So, if you want his autograph, gotta meet him in person.

Anybody know where I can find his schedule of appearances?
tidus808
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tidus808 »

Thought I would post another jewel that I picked up in Knoxville at an event. Mr. Steven Butler did this sketch cover for me for $60.00 at the Knoxville Comic and Anime Convention, which is a pretty fair price for the quality if I do say so myself. I am a huge Spidey fan and Kraven is my favorite villain.

https://imageshack.com/i/neiq0enj
skaboss241
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by skaboss241 »

tidus808 wrote:Thought I would post another jewel that I picked up in Knoxville at an event. Mr. Steven Butler did this sketch cover for me for $60.00 at the Knoxville Comic and Anime Convention, which is a pretty fair price for the quality if I do say so myself. I am a huge Spidey fan and Kraven is my favorite villain.

https://imageshack.com/i/neiq0enj
Yeah that's really good especially considering the price.
Most Wanted: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Harrison Ford
Favorite Successes: Carrie Fisher, Chris Wahl, Katy Perry and pretty much anything Star Wars.

Image Image
Justinsdad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Justinsdad »

Figured I'd share some more successful addresses of mine. I don't have a ton of time at the moment, so I'm not going to go into what every person sent to me, or what they're known for.

Stuart Chaifetz
220 Dobson Ln
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003

Roger Salick
Salick's Karate and Martial Arts
321 Genesee St.
Delafield WI 53028

Cathleen Thole-Daniels (several cards in the Marvel Masterpieces set)
c/o Warren County Technical School
Commercial Arts Dept. (Faculty)
1500 Rte. 57
Washington NJ 07882

Matt Cavotta (Magic: The Gathering artist)
1924 17th Ave. NE
Issaquah WA 98029

Bob Budiansky
123 2nd St.
Fanwood NJ 07073
(sent my kids a Thor and Ghost Rider sketch so beautiful, I sent a 4-page thank you note!)

Daniel Gelon (Magic The Gathering artist)
124 NE 50th St.
Seattle WA 98105

James Van Hise
57754 Onaga Trail
Yucca Valley CA 92284

Kevin Nowlan (this one was huge for me! Been wanting him for a long time!)
307 E. Main St.
Sterling KS 67579

Dave Bullock
c/o DC Comics

Tim Seeley
2607 West Gunnison St.
Apt. 2
Chicago, IL 60625

Aron Wiesenfeld
6277 Caminito Carrena
San Diego CA 92122

Greg Hildebrandt (He and his late brother, Tim were exclusive artists for one of the early 90's Marvel MAsterpieces sets)
c/o Spiderwebart Gallery
5 Waterloo Rd.
Hopatcong NJ 07843

John Cassaday
160 W 73rd St Apt 7F
New York, NY 10023

Joe Caramagna (mostly a letterer, but has been doing some Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble cartoon adaptations into comics)
85 Cedar Ave.
Maywood NJ 07607

Reginald Hudlin
10833 Wilshire Blvd.
Apt. 101
Los Angeles CA 90024

I'll try and post more tonight or in the morning. Good luck guys.
I'm also a portrait artist!
Check out my work at:
http://facebook.com/ClintHedges/
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

Oh I didn't know Tim Hildebrandt had passed...when did that happen? How sad! I met them at a con back in the 90s and they both signed a Spider-Man poster for me.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
skaboss241
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by skaboss241 »

These are some recent successes that I have had.

Len Wein

Glynis Oliver

Rudy Nebres
Most Wanted: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Harrison Ford
Favorite Successes: Carrie Fisher, Chris Wahl, Katy Perry and pretty much anything Star Wars.

Image Image
Justinsdad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Justinsdad »

Regarding Tim Hildebrandt, I'm not sure exactly when he passed away, but when I was looking up info on Greg, I believe it said maybe 4-5 years ago. I could be mistaken, but if I remember correctly...

I wanted to share something I've been meaning to post for a week. Early last week, I received a reply from comic book letterer Clayton Cowles. I don't write a ton of letterers-especially those I KNOW to be working completely digitally-but sometimes...especially if I have several comics from one guy and don't have a writer or artist to send them to-and every single letterer I've written to has been receptive, gracious and responsive. But along with the comic covers Cowles 'signed' for me-which are literally signed 'CC' in a handwriting every bit as messy as either my 10- or 12 year-old had written it-was included a note from Cowles which said while he did appreciate my support of his work, I shouldn't 'do this any more'. I don't think he's EVER had a ttm request, because he went on to inform me that if I continue to send mail to comic creators, it will anger a LOT of guys less 'receptive' than he, and that he wouldn't be surprised to find out if I had 'the authorities called' on me by someone who didn't want mail coming to his personal address! I'll dig it out and post verbatim what he wrote, I've NEVER had a reply like this from anyone I've written from any field in my collection! He wasn't mean at all-don't get me wrong-and he DID sign my items, which I appreciate, it just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. It obviously offended him, which is th furthest thing away from my intent! Just to let you guys know, in case of the small chance any of you were planning to write him. What do you guys think? I almost wish I'd not written him at all, but have you guys ever had a response like this? 2014 is my 20th year collecting autographs, and this is a first for me!
I'm also a portrait artist!
Check out my work at:
http://facebook.com/ClintHedges/
Nato64
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nato64 »

I have an X-Factor #25 that both Louise and Walt Simonson worked on. Is it too much to send it to their address and ask them both to sign it in the same letter/package? Too pushy?
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

Received this cute Darth Vader sketch from Jeffrey Brown, author/illustrator of "Darth Vader and Son" and "Vader's Little Princess":

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)