US Postage Stamp prices are going up.......AGAIN! DANG!

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
RYAN J.

US Postage Stamp prices are going up.......AGAIN! DANG!

Post by RYAN J. »

http://www.rebelscum.com member tk0316 posted this info today:

Good morning fellow scummers. Saw this on cnn this morning. I find it interesting they state its due to rising production cost hmmm wonder if we are killing the system :P (atleast SithCalls is with all the envelopes to JEJ)

(CNN) -- Sending a letter will soon be a little more expensive, the U.S. Postal Service announced Tuesday.

The price for a first-class mail stamp will increase 2 cents to 44 cents, starting May 11.

The Postal Service said the price increase was necessary because of rising production costs. Under law, the price of stamps is not allowed to rise faster than the U.S. consumer price index, which measures inflation.

According to a written release, the increase will cost the typical family about $3 a year.

"Whether you're a consumer or run a business, the Postal Service continues to offer a good deal during a time when we're all looking for ways to save," said spokesman Stephen M. Kearney.

Until the new prices go into effect, customers can buy "Forever Stamps" at the current 42-cent rate.

"The Forever Stamp is always honored for a 1-ounce letter with no need for additional postage," Kearney said.

Billions of the Forever Stamps have been sold since being introduced in April 2007, according to the Postal Service.

All I can say is WHY!?!??!?! :?

RYAN J. :(

EDIT: Found some more links:

http://www.usps.com/communications/news ... 8_011a.htm
http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/2008/02/12 ... may-12.htm
Kenny1965
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: US Postage Stamp prices are going up.......AGAIN! DANG!

Post by Kenny1965 »

They are also thinking about cutting back mail delivery to 5 days a week as well. The post office says they were $2.8 Billion in the red last year and if current trends continue they could experience a net loss of $6 billion this year.
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

I heard that too. There's also a rumor that they'll cut out Saturdays as well as tuesdays for mail delivery. But I don't know. Stupid Economy. {down}

RYAN J. 8)
SelenaandDemiFan

Post by SelenaandDemiFan »

I WANT MAIL 7 days a week and stamps to be no more than 40 cents!!!!!! It's gonna cost me like 50 dollars a year considering all the books of stamps I buy. If there is no mail, just leave it at sundays. :roll:

SEE WHAT GEORGE BUSH DOES TO OUR ECONOMY? :D

But honestly, WHY!!!???

If they cut back mail anytime I am going to protest against it! XD Just kidding but this just makes me mad what George Bush did to our economy. At the inauguration he walked out and people just yelled "BOOOOO" and i don't really blame them :)
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

Here in Canada we don't get mail service on saturday or sunday (like everyone I would imagine). SO I don't think it'll kill you guys in the USA to have one less day of mail or in other countries for that matter. lol I mean look at how much money your government/USPS will save if they cut back the days of mail service. Just my opinion though.

All stamps are going up this year btw. So be sure to check other postal sites too. Ours went up end of January and in the UK stamp prices go up in April, I think. {up}

Larisie
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

[eDIT
Last edited by Shambler on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sun Devil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sun Devil »

Here's the lowdown at the USPS

Sunday express mail will be stopped.
Saturdays will remain a delivery day as Tuesdays are considered to be cut as they are a "slow day" for mail. However, it will only be a temp procedure.

Losing 2.8 billion dollars last years puts a damper on the whole service! Even raising stamp prices won't cut it.

Sincerely,

the only USPS employee on this blog.
SelenaandDemiFan

Post by SelenaandDemiFan »

We have never had sunday mail- saturday is busy for us- THURSDAYS are slow here on my block

But before you know it, 2 cents becomes 20 cents
glucklich

Post by glucklich »

My brother told me about this when he went to the post office today to buy stamps. Crazy.
Authentic: 87 ||| PP/AP: 58 |||Authenticity Unknown: 4 ||||| Total: 149
karra28

Post by karra28 »

Larisie wrote:Here in Canada we don't get mail service on saturday or sunday (like everyone I would imagine). SO I don't think it'll kill you guys in the USA to have one less day of mail or in other countries for that matter. lol I mean look at how much money your government/USPS will save if they cut back the days of mail service. Just my opinion though.

All stamps are going up this year btw. So be sure to check other postal sites too. Ours went up end of January and in the UK stamp prices go up in April, I think. {up}

Larisie
i aree with you there!here in Sweden we dont get mail on either Saturday or Sunday..hmm you in USA probably are spoiled about the mail service ;) haha kidding :) and i think all stamps over the world are getting expensivier this year..here in Sweden the costs got up from 50 cent to 4 dollars more(depends on what you are sending)