US Postage Stamp prices are going up.......AGAIN! DANG!

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: US Postage Stamp prices are going up.......AGAIN! DANG!

Post by miley cyrus fan »

Larisie wrote:Actually, it's 98 cents now, mileyfan. Price went up mid-January. If you've been to the post office to buy stamps, hopefully that's what they've been telling you. {up} At first they only had 96 cent stamps but I'd have to add 2 cents, but they are now selling the 98 cent and $1.65 for international stamps.
i was just their about a month ago, thats really pathetic.

but i think their only more because their olympic logo stamps, i really dont know and all i can say is this is truly pathetic its almost a dollar to send a letter, wow are postage system actualy is flawed i take back my other statement.
TheScarletPimpernel

Post by TheScarletPimpernel »

SelenaandDemiFan wrote:I wasn't alive in 1912.

Once Again, Prices are just too high to mail a small envelope. Not now but wait. If the economy keeps going where it is- who knows how much it'll be :roll:
....I don't think you understand just how big of a steal the USPS Stamp(s) is for the people in the US (as a US citizen myself...); $.44 is practically nothing to what a lot of the other people have to pay in the world (including Britain and a lot of European nations too). The stamp price going up $.02 is nothing...if it goes up past $.50/$.60-ish, then I'd be concerned. Think of the gas prices: $2-ish. Your stamp doesn't even cover a fourth of a gallon of gas for the truck that has to either come from your house (if you do that) or deliver it...! Not to mention if you're sending to NY/LA/etc.!

So again, I agree with whoever said it above: Raise the stamp to $.50, and keep off the increases for a few years, and potentially just cap it off at that.
WONDERLAND:Alice's New Musical Adventure enjoyed a short, but sweet run on Broadway in Spring of 2011!

-- GREG :D
SelenaandDemiFan

Post by SelenaandDemiFan »

Ah I am going to stock up on stamps now though :)
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

miley cyrus fan wrote:i was just their about a month ago, thats really pathetic.

but i think their only more because their olympic logo stamps, i really dont know and all i can say is this is truly pathetic its almost a dollar to send a letter, wow are postage system actualy is flawed i take back my other statement.
It goes up every year, so I'm pretty used to it by now. They wouldn't raise the price just due to the olympic logo. It's just their annual price hike. {up}
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

SelenaandDemiFan

Post by SelenaandDemiFan »

Seeing the posts, I feel REALLY lucky.

P.s. I do agree on the 50 cent deal. It sure would make life a WHOLE lot easier
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by miley cyrus fan »

It goes up every year, so I'm pretty used to it by now. They wouldn't raise the price just due to the olympic logo. It's just their annual price hike. {up}[/quote]

i dont know its pathetic thou i mean i just bought them like a month ago the 96 cent stamps now what, i still have a few left and the rest ive sent out.
mharm2k6
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mharm2k6 »

I hadn't heard anything about the minor stamp price increase until I read this and did a little research. All I know is that this will increase my first class stamp expense ~$40... + probably a $50 other postage expense... <$100 = not that major, although that is 100 bucks that can't go to another cause.
-M

*I was one of the nuts who figured it be better to stock up on 'forevers' a while ago and am down to ~1,200- so I guess we'll see how long these last.