can you tell me what you think of my letters?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Mr Kennedy

Re: can you tell me what you think of my letters?

Post by Mr Kennedy »

They seem too short, too abrupt/rude, and full of spelling/grammar errors.
angelchops
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by angelchops »

I may be wrong, especially as Im quite new to this, but I think it depends how old you are. I'm presuming you're not very old, and the celebrities would be able to tell this too and take it into consideration. I think maybe the celebs are kinder to younger fans.

One thing I picked up on (I don't know if anyone else mentioned) it is that you're writing Dear Taylor Swift. I think I would write Dear Taylor, or Dear Ms Swift (if its a girl - I don't even know!!) Its just sounds a bit strange to have both names!
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by miley cyrus fan »

well im not trying to be rude i say please alot and thanks alot. and yes im only 15 in reality, and im not going to write mrs.swift shes only 19 im sure she doesent wanna be called mrs., i figured its polite to write call june foray mrs because shes 91 and bobby thomson mr because hes in his eighties. also i did edit some of the letters so ya
ROB123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ROB123 »

RYAN J. wrote:
ROB123 wrote:Chelsea :? Who???, anyways glad i could help {thumb2} [/color]
Chelsea Staub. Actress who plays on the Disney Channel. {thumb2}

RYAN J. 8)
Oh right thanks, I dont think short letters are rude either, maybe the celebrity might prefer them as they dont have to spend more time reading them :lol:
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by miley cyrus fan »

Oh right thanks, I dont think short letters are rude either, maybe the celebrity might prefer them as they dont have to spend more time reading them :lol: [/quote]

well thanks, its easier for both the celeb and fan i think. i mean if you think about it, you cant list everything the celeb has done then it will seem like you just copied their imdb page and posted it.
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

There is certainly a case to be made for short letters, but you can be too short.

Your letter make up is the same each time, its basically -

To X

I like X and X and X, and X is really cool!

Question 1
Question 2
Question 3

Can you sign my photos please?

From mileycyrusfan

Thats it, it just seems far to brief and to the point, and doesnt come across as a fan letter to me, it just looks like a generic letter template has been used (which to a degree, it has), and some celebs will pick up on this. Obviously some will respond, it just depends I guess. It seems more celebs are starting to have their letters screened, and if they dont look legit they dont get anything.

And I've mentioned this about 50 times to you before, but I'd assume the spelling/grammer is corrected before sending? :razz:

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:03 am.