Do you send a sae or a ssae to Kylie & Dannii minogue

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
EastendersFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Do you send a sae or a ssae to Kylie & Dannii minogue

Post by EastendersFan »

If you are writing to dannii and kylie minogue, is it ok if I just send a sae instead of a ssae. Does it matter?

Thanks
RuleroftheWorld

Re: Do you send a sae or a ssae to Kylie & Dannii minogue

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Send an SASE. Its common courtesey and you should always pay for return postage, you shouldnt expect the celebs to pay for it.
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

Considering you live in the UK, its ok to send an SAE. I send SAE's mostly, cuts down on postage which alot of us struggle to afford. Sending an SAE is courtesy enough
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Shambler wrote:Considering you live in the UK, its ok to send an SAE. I send SAE's mostly, cuts down on postage which alot of us struggle to afford. Sending an SAE is courtesy enough
Expecting the celeb to pay return postage is rude, so therefore sending just an SAE is certainly not "courtesey enough".

Send SASE's is the correct thing to do, and increases the chances of a reply.
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

I would say just sending a letter saying 'hi can i have an autograph' is rude. An SAE shows effort. If you don't struggle to obtain stamps then by all means include return postage cos that'll help you out greatly, but not all of us can, and at least try to compensate with providing an envelope. A nice enough celeb will send a reply with just a SAE.
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

I always enclose a SASE.

It is not just polite, but it very much increases your chances of a response {up} Afterall, if you have to send several times (without a SASE) then it is a bit of a false ecomomy :D

I would always send the return postage. In a test I did a couple of years ago, I mailed out 50 letters without SASEs and only received back less than 10. I then remailed the same 50 a few months later but this time I included a SASE, and I received 40+ back.

That's evidence enough for me :D

Good luck!
Ian :mrgreen:
loveryan

Post by loveryan »

We sent just a letter to Dannii and we got answer.
And we wrote twice to Kylie and we sent her SASE but we didn´t get answer :(
ROB123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ROB123 »

TheCollector wrote:I always enclose a SASE.

It is not just polite, but it very much increases your chances of a response {up} Afterall, if you have to send several times (without a SASE) then it is a bit of a false ecomomy :D

I would always send the return postage. In a test I did a couple of years ago, I mailed out 50 letters without SASEs and only received back less than 10. I then remailed the same 50 a few months later but this time I included a SASE, and I received 40+ back.

That's evidence enough for me :D

Good luck!
Ian :mrgreen:
Great work and servey , i always send SASE as i think its just plain rude and cheeky not too