Sending to america, IRC's ?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
spellbound
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Sending to america, IRC's ?

Post by spellbound »

Hi i have always sent to british celebrities as thats where i live. However there are some people i would love to send to in america.

Is it necesary to send IRC's ? would i still have a good chance of a reply without them ?

thanks for helping.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Not all Celebrities will pay for postage. Some do and some don't. Sending IRC's does increase your chances. Also there's some celebs that never signs TTM even if you do send them IRC's.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions feel free to ask.
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi spellbound :D

It's highly recommended you send some form of return postage, as celebrities do not work to pay for postage! Some celebrities will not respond unless you do include postage (in the form of stamps, IRC's or even money).

Your chances of a reply do increase with one, but some celebrities do not even reply - so you may not get a response from everyone you write to.

Also, you should send a SAE with your IRC's and request. You want to make the fan mail reply for the celebrity as quick and easy as possible.

Good luck!

nowandagain [rockon]

P.S. If you can, it's better if you buy US stamps, so you can send a SASE instead. It's cheaper than buying IRC's. The USPS does sell them online if you can purchase them. Click here.
spellbound
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spellbound »

Hi thankyou very much for all your help, ill be sure to send some sort of postage when i write of to americans to increase my chances then.

Can any americans tell me if its just one stamp to send from USA to england? As i dont know how the american postal system works.

thanks again
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi spellbound :)

Add one 84 cents stamp

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... &langId=-1

Fanmail 8)
spellbound
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spellbound »

Ok ill look into it thankyou for the help admin (and everyone else!)