How To Preserve Your Autographs

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
mashka
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How To Preserve Your Autographs

Post by mashka »

stefanievonguest wrote:I have another question, how would I preserve a poster? It would be shipped in a poster tube but honestly I don't have an acid free pouches THAT big :lol:
LOL thats a hard one... perhaps framing it? If you want to spend the money for it but otherwise... idk...
Most Recent: Jodi Benson TTM, Veronica Roth IP Calgary Wordfest
[color=#8040FF]Recently Sent:

Soon to send: Tim Allen
Soon to see IP: Veronica Roth Tehereh Mafi
IP: need to update
Please check out my autograph collection: http://www.autographs.sinivir.com
Autograph count: 154
Collecting since: February 1 2011 :)
stefanievonguest
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stefanievonguest »

mashka wrote:
stefanievonguest wrote:I have another question, how would I preserve a poster? It would be shipped in a poster tube but honestly I don't have an acid free pouches THAT big :lol:
LOL thats a hard one... perhaps framing it? If you want to spend the money for it but otherwise... idk...
Yeah I wasn't quite sure what to do with a poster. Sadly this autograph is only available on a poster direct from the musician as he doesn't accept fanmail so I can't get an 8 x10. I will see about framing it.
http://www.facebook.com/TheSirenStefanie

Vampire Model, Anime Reviewer

-----------------------------

Requests sent : Laurie Holden, Deborah Ann Woll. Scott Wilson (second)

[i]Autographs obtained - Christopher Walken, Jack Nicholson, Donald Pleasance, Tobin Bell, Mark Rolston, Shawnee Smith, Costas Mandylor, Danielle Harris, Michael Emerson, Justin Louis, Carlton Mellick III. Kate Beckinsale, Scott Wilson, Melissa Mcbride, Danai Gurira, Emily Kinney, Dustin Hoffman, Jeffrey Demunn x 7, Gene Wilder And probably some more..

Sending soon :John Carpenter, David Morse, Danny Huston, Dita Von Teese, John Hurt, Udo Kier, Malcolm Mcdowell, Bill Nighy
ff_angel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ff_angel »

stefanievonguest wrote:
mashka wrote:
Yeah I wasn't quite sure what to do with a poster. Sadly this autograph is only available on a poster direct from the musician as he doesn't accept fanmail so I can't get an 8 x10. I will see about framing it.
Whe I was looking to frame my friends autographs I got them, I looked into large non-PVC pouches. I found Jarrolds in Norwich (I know you're not from there) sold them in their art department.
I don't know if you have something similar where you are...

Or frame it, depends how much you cherish it :)
To see more of my successes please look at my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/SarahsAutosPage
It has been updated with NEW posts!! (17August 2015) Please feel free to like and comment.!

Latest success: Michelle Fairley

Currently collecting:
SCRUBS 8 cast members (8 photos)
LOST: 20 cast members (30 photos)
HUNGER GAMES:33 cast members (50 photos)
HARRY POTTER:: 44 cast members (61 photos)
And many more!

If anyone has any valid addresses for members of the televison show LOST or SCRUBS please PM me. Please check the Scrubs thread
topsignatures
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by topsignatures »

Definitely keep them out of constant direct sunlight... learned that the hard way on a few.
Check out http://www.TopSignatures.com
New items added very often and check out the "Autograph Adventures" section that chronicles the hunt for signatures.
Be sure to click "Like" on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/topsignaturesllc
LMW
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LMW »

I keep mine in acid-free/archival safe sheet protectors in a binder. It's stored in a dresser drawer which is suprisingly cold inside (no chance of humidity). I think this is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to protect your autographs if you don't want to display all of them. Just make sure that anything close to or in contact with your autographs is acid-free!
sonicsam
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sonicsam »

Hello. I recently wrote to the Being Human cast and they were kind enough to sign for me. The problem is that the only picture I could find to send them was a magazine clipping. Is there anything special I can do to prevent it from fading?
Heath_1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Heath_1 »

sonicsam wrote:Hello. I recently wrote to the Being Human cast and they were kind enough to sign for me. The problem is that the only picture I could find to send them was a magazine clipping. Is there anything special I can do to prevent it from fading?
I would recommend polyester pockets.
sddave
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by sddave »

I am just getting started with collecting autographs and was wondering if these sheet protectors are what I need. There is a link below. It says right on the package acid free and archival safe. Let me know if I am doing this right.

http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Standard-We ... B000WGCN8E
Received TTM: Madeleine Albright, Tim Allen, Marilyn Milian, Regis Philbin (x2), Jeff Foxworthy, Dick Cheney, Lara Spencer, Robin Roberts (GMA), Cheryl Ladd, Alan Jackson, Mamma Mia! Cast, Melissa McCarthy, Diane Sawyer, Bill Cosby, Henry Winkler (x2), Joyce DeWitt, Bob Barker, Betty White (x2), Barbara Walters, Catherine Bach, Bob Saget, Bob Schieffer, Olivia Newton-John (x2), Whoopi Goldberg, Amanda Seyfried, Alex Trebek, Jeff Dunham, Pat Sajak and Vanna White, Reba McEntire, Jay Leno, President Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter (x2), Petri Hawkins Byrd, Ann B. Davis (x2), Zach Galifianakis (x2),Florence Henderson, Jack Hanna, Candace Cameron Bure (x2), Judge Judy Scheindlin, Captain Sully Sullenberger, Holly Hoffman
In Person Success: Buddy Valastro
Others: George W. and Laura Bush, Gerald and Betty Ford, George and Eleanor McGovern, Rudy Ruettiger, Mara Wilson.
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

sddave wrote:I am just getting started with collecting autographs and was wondering if these sheet protectors are what I need. There is a link below. It says right on the package acid free and archival safe. Let me know if I am doing this right.

http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Standard-We ... B000WGCN8E
Yes.
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
rittdk01
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rittdk01 »

Photos: Store photos in acid free pages and store in binders. If u have them displayed used an acid free mat and uv glass to keep the ink from fading. The mat is to keep the photo from sticking to the glass and ruining it. Also I only use Adoramapix real photos for collecting autographs on. Inkjets fade and Sharpie does not stick to them properly. If a silver Sharpie is used on an inkjet it messes up the pen and sometimes the ink never really dries on the photo. It will continue to smudge and never really sticks to the inkjet like it would on a real photo. There's a bunch of different companies not just adoramapix but trust me real pictures no inkjets.

Anything big on display like sports equipment: Should be kept in uv protected glass or plastic. Ultrapro makes holders for every piece of sports equipment and offers UV protected options on all. If possible use industrial sharpies (see my thread) which don't fade like normal ones do then u don't have to worry about displaying anything even if the holder isn't uv protected. Also paint markers never fade and can be used if u have time to let them dry and have them properly prepped (they can be a pain and not very practical at group signings like training camps). Silver Sharpies work but on sports balls they are hard to write with all the bumps which is why people started using decocolor silver paint markers for them. I don't think silver Sharpies fade either or I have never seen on fade.