How To Preserve Your Autographs

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
glitterywolf
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How To Preserve Your Autographs

Post by glitterywolf »

I usually just plaster mine on the kitchen fridge :D
~GlitteryWolf
Received: Selena Gomez, Ana Mulvoy-Ten, Nathalia Ramos, Mike McCoy - Former Packers Player (IP), Craig Koplein - Former Wisconsin Weather Guy (IP)
Waiting for: Ariana Grande, Katy Perry, Jodie Sweetin, One Direction (VV), Johnny Depp, Anna-Sophia Robb
Working On Sending Out: Dakota Fanning, One Direction (another VV), Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen, Nikki Reed, Ashley Greene
Most Wanted: Candance Cameron, Kristen Stewart, Rob Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Taylor Swift,
**?If you can help me with my Most Wanted, please PM me?**

EVERYONE CLICK THIS LINK! PLEASE! IT'S A CONTEST, MOST CLICKS GETS A TRIP TO NYC TO SEE 1D. PLEASE CLICK AND WAIT FOR IT TO LOAD: http://www.kiss108.com/common/shareme5/index.php?linkid=40081
Corriefan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Corriefan »

I know some people receive autographs to sell on even personalized ones but to me I feel that is a waste, more so with personalized ones as they took the time to write your name. Then again these people want to make a profit by collecting autographs then flogging them on.
HappyHammie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by HappyHammie »

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this before already but.. Is it a good Idea to laminate an autograph that is on printer paper? Would it ruin the signature?

Thanks! {up}
For tips on how I collect autograph please visit the followig blogs.>>>My tumblr<<<
My autograph blog

For Free stuff please visit<<<

Autograph Waiting list: (6/19/12)Michael Rooker|Jon Bernthal(6/20/12) Andrew Lincoln (10/18/12)
Autograph Wishlist: Ryo Ishibashi|Hart Bochner|Fred Armisen|Carrie Brownstein

Autograph authenticity doesn't mean that much to me, I'm just glad to collect stuff of my favorite Celebrities.

Cheers to the best hobby in the world!
Ripsqueak
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ripsqueak »

HappyHammie wrote:I'm not sure if anyone has asked this before already but.. Is it a good Idea to laminate an autograph that is on printer paper? Would it ruin the signature?

Thanks! {up}
Its always been said its never a good idea to laminate any autographs. Mainly because if cannot be opened ever again without damage. But if you *never* plan to sell or pass on--I don't think its totally bad. But most collectors wouldn't laminate nor would most collectors would want to obtain a signature laminated.
mashka
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mashka »

magicdude20 wrote:
Drumchik wrote:I have mine mounted on acid free scrapbooking paper (using acid-free photocorners...nothing sticks on the autographs at all) and slipped them into acid-free sleeves in a scrapbook album.

Is this a safe way to keep them?
Honestly I have no idea, but I've been storing mine it a scrap book too. I imagine it'll be fine since scrapbooks are designed to store things for a lifetime

I store mine in a scrap book as well... is this bad? I use recollections scrap book corners that are acid free and photo safe. I also use the Recollections Scrap Book refill pages that are acid and... lignin free and are archival safe..so i think that's ok but I'm not sure about the paper i put them on (Kinda) Its scrap book paper and my auto's never touch the paper cause of the photo corners but they do touch the plastic sleeve. Will my auto's be safe??
Most Recent: Jodi Benson TTM, Veronica Roth IP Calgary Wordfest
[color=#8040FF]Recently Sent:

Soon to send: Tim Allen
Soon to see IP: Veronica Roth Tehereh Mafi
IP: need to update
Please check out my autograph collection: http://www.autographs.sinivir.com
Autograph count: 154
Collecting since: February 1 2011 :)
KayP929
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by KayP929 »

I keep my autographs in acid free plastic sheets in a binder. On the outside for the sheets I put labels with the person's name, if the autograph is authentic or not, and the date I received it.
Sent autographs- Alice in Wonderland (Walt Disney World), Ariana Grande, Betty White, a bunch of Studio Fan Mail requests, Paula Deen, Sesame Street, Cheryl Burke, Michelle Branch
Soon to be sent-
Received- Coco Jones, Victoria Justice (PP), Les Miles (for my dad)
Most Wanted- Taylor Swift!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jennifer Lopez, Selena Gomez, Kardashians

If you have any good Emails or private addresses PLEASE PM me!! I have a few emails. :)
stefanievonguest
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stefanievonguest »

I keep all of mine in acid free sleeves and will shortly be adding acid free card to back the photos inside the sleeves to keep them flat. I keep them in a binder in a drawer which is well out of sunlight/ heat. The only thing I am curious about, the autographs at the bottom of the binder, will the weight of the others resting ontop, cause any damage/smudging?
http://www.facebook.com/TheSirenStefanie

Vampire Model, Anime Reviewer

-----------------------------

Requests sent : Laurie Holden, Deborah Ann Woll. Scott Wilson (second)

[i]Autographs obtained - Christopher Walken, Jack Nicholson, Donald Pleasance, Tobin Bell, Mark Rolston, Shawnee Smith, Costas Mandylor, Danielle Harris, Michael Emerson, Justin Louis, Carlton Mellick III. Kate Beckinsale, Scott Wilson, Melissa Mcbride, Danai Gurira, Emily Kinney, Dustin Hoffman, Jeffrey Demunn x 7, Gene Wilder And probably some more..

Sending soon :John Carpenter, David Morse, Danny Huston, Dita Von Teese, John Hurt, Udo Kier, Malcolm Mcdowell, Bill Nighy
mashka
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mashka »

stefanievonguest wrote:I keep all of mine in acid free sleeves and will shortly be adding acid free card to back the photos inside the sleeves to keep them flat. I keep them in a binder in a drawer which is well out of sunlight/ heat. The only thing I am curious about, the autographs at the bottom of the binder, will the weight of the others resting ontop, cause any damage/smudging?
They should be fine :) You're doing everything right!
Most Recent: Jodi Benson TTM, Veronica Roth IP Calgary Wordfest
[color=#8040FF]Recently Sent:

Soon to send: Tim Allen
Soon to see IP: Veronica Roth Tehereh Mafi
IP: need to update
Please check out my autograph collection: http://www.autographs.sinivir.com
Autograph count: 154
Collecting since: February 1 2011 :)
stefanievonguest
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stefanievonguest »

I have another question, how would I preserve a poster? It would be shipped in a poster tube but honestly I don't have an acid free pouches THAT big :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/TheSirenStefanie

Vampire Model, Anime Reviewer

-----------------------------

Requests sent : Laurie Holden, Deborah Ann Woll. Scott Wilson (second)

[i]Autographs obtained - Christopher Walken, Jack Nicholson, Donald Pleasance, Tobin Bell, Mark Rolston, Shawnee Smith, Costas Mandylor, Danielle Harris, Michael Emerson, Justin Louis, Carlton Mellick III. Kate Beckinsale, Scott Wilson, Melissa Mcbride, Danai Gurira, Emily Kinney, Dustin Hoffman, Jeffrey Demunn x 7, Gene Wilder And probably some more..

Sending soon :John Carpenter, David Morse, Danny Huston, Dita Von Teese, John Hurt, Udo Kier, Malcolm Mcdowell, Bill Nighy
Corriefan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Corriefan »

I have just bought 2 photo frames and put my 2 Corrie autographs in one of each.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30243280@N ... hotostream