How To Preserve Your Autographs

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How To Preserve Your Autographs

Post by dancingirl1 »

You dont need to spend hundreds of dollars on sheet protectors. Just buy ACID FREE ones and they will be just fine !
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
MutantMike
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MutantMike »

I hate those gold signatures that smear if touched. How to protect the signature on the picture?

I'm thinking of just putting clear tape over it
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

Clear tape will ruin any autograph.

Matte it, so nothing touches the signature. What I've done also - and this is not an optimal solution - is to put a piece of paper over the silver and gold signatures. That way, at least, it doesn't come off onto the sheet protector.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
MutantMike
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MutantMike »

Hartster wrote:Clear tape will ruin any autograph.

Matte it, so nothing touches the signature. What I've done also - and this is not an optimal solution - is to put a piece of paper over the silver and gold signatures. That way, at least, it doesn't come off onto the sheet protector.

Man, these 2 autos are rubbing off daily just sitting around with no protection

I could really care about value, they are just my personal collection I want to hand so I might just try tape even though it will ruin it
OptimusOpie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by OptimusOpie »

A simple easy way to keep your autos safe is to put them in a frame in a room with low light not to fade them, and the should also be rather cool. Humidity will make your life harder (in other words - moisture sucks). ;-)
I Have No Regrets, Only Lessons Learned... (Kenneth B. Elrod; Feb 15, 1977 - July 15th, 2003)
gazdadude
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gazdadude »

Just bought a box folder and acid free pockets will that be ok