Prison Fanmail Question- HELP!!!

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
moviefreek1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Prison Fanmail Question- HELP!!!

Post by moviefreek1 »

Hey fellow collectors! :D
I just have a question.
Before I start, please note that I DON'T want this to be an ethics discussion, where all of you feel the need to comment about right or wrong or how you don't believe in this or whatnot. Just because you're interested in something doesn't mean you believe in it. I think Charles Manson is a very interesting and culturally significant figure and think It would just be cool to obtain his autograph.
With that stated, I'm planning on writing to Charles Manson. Can someone please give me steps on what and what not to do when writing to a prison, what to send, where to address the return address to, what's safe and just general tips. Thank you!! Rock on fellows.
Best IP Successes: Rob Zombie, John5, Marilyn Manson, Paul Giamatti, Sid Haig, Bill Moseley, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Def Leppard, Five Finger Death Punch, Shinedown, Halestorm, Three Days Grace, In This Moment Best TTM: John Carpenter, Wes Craven, Clint Eastwood, Kurt Russell, Theory Of A Deadman, Colin Firth, Slash, Channing Tatum, Ryan Gosling, Tim Allen, Tyler Mane, Slayer,
Most Recent TTM: Billy Crystal, Sonya Thompson, Mick Yeagers, Tommy Thayer (KISS), Bruce Kulick, Sammy Hagar, Dylan Moran...
C1RQU1T
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Prison Fanmail Question- HELP!!!

Post by C1RQU1T »

Writing to Prisons is never a good idea although people do reply from prison like lil wayne :) good luck ! {up} :D
Favourite In-Person - Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban, Seal, Joel Madden, Ricky Martin
Favourite TTM/VV - Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, lil Wayne (jail)
Favourite Celebrity Moment - Met Nicki Minaj at Sydney Entertainment Centre she held my hand and said " F#ck the haters babe Just remember your haters are your motivators" <3
C1RQU1T
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by C1RQU1T »

Sorry one more thing i think it is awesome that you would like to write to Charles Manson he is a strange but also very interesting man :) and i think it would be cool to write to him i might give it a go myself but i'm not to sure about writing to him prison
Favourite In-Person - Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban, Seal, Joel Madden, Ricky Martin
Favourite TTM/VV - Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, lil Wayne (jail)
Favourite Celebrity Moment - Met Nicki Minaj at Sydney Entertainment Centre she held my hand and said " F#ck the haters babe Just remember your haters are your motivators" <3
hdsports
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hdsports »

I'd be a little wary of using my home address as a return address. You know, just in case they ever get out and decide to look you up. I'd use a PO Box address, if possible.

Good luck!
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightninglives »

First off it is well known Charles manson does not sign autographs and never has, He used to get other people in the prison to sign stuff a bit but I don't know what he does or doesn't do now. As far as writing to prisons I have written to a few prisons and just know everything that goes in and out is opened by the staff and read and also most prisons have rules on their websites about what you can and cant send and generally no packages of any kind just letters and paper items and sometimes they allow stamps or photos. Usually takes awhile too because they take their sweet time going through mail before its passed on to a inmate or let out of the prison. I was writing letters to a convicted murderer I read a book about and saw on a tv show on the ID channel and she wrote me back a few times and it was fun and interesting but after I wouldn't send her any money through jpay or western union she stopped writing me back haha Prisoners need money too to buy stuff in prison like extra things like junk food or shampoo or whatever and lets be honest they know what they are and they might get bored but probably have little interest in being our puppets and answering our letters so if they cant really get anything out of it they will stop writing you back lol
supertoneman
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by supertoneman »

i agree with johnny on this one, cause of the strict rules of prisons. the prison guards do read every inmates mail. whether it be fan, friend or family, and also do not let certain items to go through. i would probably use an index card, and not a photo. i also agree that the celeb in prison will try to get money out of you for cigs, shampoo, or other luxuries that they are able to get at the prison store. it is a thin line with sending to prisons. i wish you luck on at least attempting it. {up}
Stay frosty 8)
Twins and Star Wars fan since the 80's.
I am not selling any or trading any autos at this time,but i may trade extras for certain autographs.
Most Wanted: Any Star Wars Autographs, Baseball.
To see all the autographs that I have go to.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/supertpics/
ikungfuyou
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ikungfuyou »

I tried years ago with no success (I sent an index card and a SESE).
I know he use to sign, but I think since he is isn't with the general population his mail is restricted.

I personally don't like the guy, I was just thinking from a historical criminal justice stand point his autograph would be valuable some day.

-Ikungfuyou ;-)
Since 1994 (350 + autographs in collection):

Favorite Autographs: Tom Backer; Michael Jackson; Jermaine Jackson; Tito Jackson; Slash; President Donald Trump; David Cassidy; Jerry Lee Lewis; Fats Domino; Yoko Ono; Ringo Starr; Sir George Martin; Sir Elton John; Charlie Watts; President George Bush; President George W. Bush; President Jimmy Carter; President Gerald Ford; President Bill Clinton; 1st Lady Barbara Bush; Prime Minister Tony Blair; Michael Jordan; Lucy Liu; Jonny Lee Miller; John Inman; Mollie Sugden; Frank Thorton; Fred Rogers; John Schneider; Mel Tormé; Tony Bennett; Carrie Fisher; Dawn French; Jerry Lewis; Robin Williams; Tom Selleck; Bob Hope; Michelle Phillips; Steve Vai; Sammy Hagar; Cheap Trick (all 4); Monkees (all 4); Nirvana (Krist Novoselic) ; the Crickets (Jerry Allison & Joe B. Mauldin); Neil deGrasse Tyson; Michio Kaku; Ryne Sandberg; Pete Rose; Bob Uecker; Andre Dawson; Leonard Nimoy; Patrick Stewart; William Shatner, John Williams, James Gandolfini.