The Official How To Send Requests From the UK to USA thread

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
clash6361
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

The Official How To Send Requests From the UK to USA thread

Post by clash6361 »

[uk] Well after reading the 50th thread about someone unsure of how to send their requests to the USA from the UK I've decided to make this thread. If you see someone asking the same question somewhere else just redirect them here. Thanks {up} [us]

[uk] "I live in the UK. How can I make sure the celeb in the USA will reply to me?" [us]

Option 1: Buy U.S dollars from the Post Office. Inside each of your requests place 3 of them inside your letter. They will then be able to use them to pay for stamps.

Option 2: Buy IRC's from ebay or someone on here. (not recommended) Use the IRC's the same way as dollars, just put them with your letter. IRC's are no longer sold (as far as I'm aware) in the UK at post offices.

Option 3: Buy american stamps from someone on here or online. You can buy forever stamps or $1.05 international stamps (you would need 3 of them with your request to fully pay for return).

^^^ This is what you should be looking for (recommended).

If you have any other options or info please comments below and I will update the post.

Good luck fellow UK collectors! {up} 8)
Sent Out Recently: Amanda Seyfried (13/10/2012)
clash6361
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: The Official How To Send Requests From the UK to USA thr

Post by clash6361 »

Bump.
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackhawks026 »

Just a note, if you're using a normal, standard sized envelope (6x9 or smaller) as your SAE/ SASE, you only need 1 of the $1.05 international stamps as long as you dont have any cardboard or anything else to weigh it down.
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g
clash6361
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by clash6361 »

Blackhawks026 wrote:Just a note, if you're using a normal, standard sized envelope (6x9 or smaller) as your SAE/ SASE, you only need 1 of the $1.05 international stamps as long as you dont have any cardboard or anything else to weigh it down.
Ok, thanks! I was generally talking about A envelopes, because thats what I use but yes, this will be helpful to others who use smaller ones! {up} 8)
clash6361
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by clash6361 »

Someone should make sure this thread stays at the top of the page, the amount of times people have asked about this is ridiculous! And it's going to be forgotten about :neutral:
Sent Out Recently: Amanda Seyfried (13/10/2012)
clash6361
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by clash6361 »

Can someone please tell a moderator to top this thread!!! People need it constantly :neutral:
rocco.campanaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rocco.campanaro »

clash6361 wrote:[uk] Well after reading the 50th thread about someone unsure of how to send their requests to the USA from the UK I've decided to make this thread. If you see someone asking the same question somewhere else just redirect them here. Thanks {up} [us]

[uk] "I live in the UK. How can I make sure the celeb in the USA will reply to me?" [us]

Option 1: Buy U.S dollars from the Post Office. Inside each of your requests place 3 of them inside your letter. They will then be able to use them to pay for stamps.

Option 2: Buy IRC's from ebay or someone on here. (not recommended) Use the IRC's the same way as dollars, just put them with your letter. IRC's are no longer sold (as far as I'm aware) in the UK at post offices.

Option 3: Buy american stamps from someone on here or online. You can buy forever stamps or $1.05 international stamps (you would need 3 of them with your request to fully pay for return).

^^^ This is what you should be looking for (recommended).

If you have any other options or info please comments below and I will update the post.

Good luck fellow UK collectors! {up} 8)
Are you sure you're allowed to send US money in an envelope from UK to US?
Autographs received: Joan Fontaine x2, Eva Marie Saint, Martha Hyer x2, Joan Leslie, Angela Lansbury, Dick Van Dyke, Ann Blyth, Jane Powell, Christopher Plummer, Carroll Baker, Vera Miles, Tab Hunter, Leslie Caron x2, James Earl Jones, Rita Moreno, Debbie Reynolds x 2, Joan Collins x 2, Kim Novak, Gene Wilder, Michael Caine, George Chakiris, Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot, Judi Dench, Jon Voight, Ryan O'Neal, Ben Kingsley, Hayley Mills, Sally Field x 2, Geoffrey Rush, Robin Williams x 2, Phil Collins, John Travolta, Whoopi Goldberg, Emma Thompson, and Miranda Hart.

~It goes in age order, with the highlighted stars indicating my most recent successes!

kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

No problems in sending US money from the UK.

It's best to conceal it, and not as good a method IMO than using US stamps, but several members on here do it all the time and are successful.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
rocco.campanaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rocco.campanaro »

Okidokie! Thanks, with the $1.05 stamps, do i stick the 3 stamps on my SASE or shall i just put them inside?
Autographs received: Joan Fontaine x2, Eva Marie Saint, Martha Hyer x2, Joan Leslie, Angela Lansbury, Dick Van Dyke, Ann Blyth, Jane Powell, Christopher Plummer, Carroll Baker, Vera Miles, Tab Hunter, Leslie Caron x2, James Earl Jones, Rita Moreno, Debbie Reynolds x 2, Joan Collins x 2, Kim Novak, Gene Wilder, Michael Caine, George Chakiris, Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot, Judi Dench, Jon Voight, Ryan O'Neal, Ben Kingsley, Hayley Mills, Sally Field x 2, Geoffrey Rush, Robin Williams x 2, Phil Collins, John Travolta, Whoopi Goldberg, Emma Thompson, and Miranda Hart.

~It goes in age order, with the highlighted stars indicating my most recent successes!

kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

You stick them on the envelope coming back to you {up}

The current stamps are $1.10 Global Forever Stamps or the US Forever stamps are worth $0.46.

(the first post was written in 2012)

$1.10 is the price for an international letter so you'll only need one if using those, 3 if using the $0.46 stamps.
NO LONGER ACTIVE