IRC question

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

IRC question

Post by Guest »

do they have an expiry date?
say you send out a few to someone in october and january you recieve your auto back and they return your IRC's can you keep sending them till they are used or is thier a set time period they are vaild for?
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Yes, IRC's do have expiry dates.

All the ones I've seen to date have an expiry date of 31 December 2006. You can check the expiry date on your IRC's by:

1. Checking the writing on top of the box on the right-hand side for the date. It should say in French: A échanger jusqu'au <date> (mine says 31.12.2006)
2. On the back, check the tiny red writing right on top of the barcode. In a number of languages it states the expiry date (e.g. in English it says "Must be exchanged by <date> - mine says 31.12.2006)

Some celebrities are really kind when it comes to return postage. If they pay for postage, you should re-send IRC's to another celebrity if you do get them returned. However, if they've expired, you may be able to get them exchanged at your post office for a valid one. If all fails, send them to a new celebrity and hope for the best.

Good luck :D

nowandagain [rockon]
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Thanks nowandagain {up}

I never really thought about / knew that. It is certainly something worth bearing in mind when you send out IRCs!

Ian :mrgreen:
leela
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leela »

cool! new 2 mE!
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

I guess I've been paying a bit too much attention to my IRC's then :P
mkainsworth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mkainsworth »

The expiry date is new to me... Good question :mrgreen:
Liason Forever
spannna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spannna »

thanks guys i will definately look at them again now....lol i must have forgotten to sign in when i asked the question. :oops:
thanks for everyones help :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:49 am.
Latest success: Susan Sarandon vv
Latest RTS: Christopher lloyd
In Person: michael dorman, abbie cornish, joel edgerton, sam worthington, sigrid thornton (pics to come when photobucket comes back online)