You must send a photo along with a letter to get autographs?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
FcStreet123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

You must send a photo along with a letter to get autographs?

Post by FcStreet123 »

Hello, I know this forum is not for this kind of questions, but I have a doubt.
I was reading some posts and some said they sent a photo of the celebrity with the letter.
You really need to send a picture to get the autograph?
Thank you.
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: You must send a photo along with a letter to get autogra

Post by capmonte »

You don't NEED to, but there's a better chance you'll have a success if you do. I send my own photos if it's a particular role or film he/she was in that I really like. To me, sending a SASE and your own photo/DVD cover/index card, whatever just makes it easier for the celeb.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

If you knew this was the wrong section, why did you put it here? :neutral:

Moved to Collecting Help.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
FcStreet123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FcStreet123 »

I just do not know where to put this post.
I'm new here, thanks for telling me where I should post.
DanaRenoMBA
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DanaRenoMBA »

As stated above, No you do not have to send a photo (or other item) to be signed. But, it is the considerate thing to do. Most celebrities are happy to take care of their fans. However there are more and more people invading the hobby who are only looking to make a fast buck so some celebrities are less inclined to spend their money only to see their autographs for sale on e-Bay (for example). The bottom line is if you want a greater chance at success then send a photo and a SASE. Doing so does not guarentee success but greatly enhances you chances.
I have been asked many times about trading / selling some of my autographs. I am sorry but my collection is not and will not be for sale.
harrypotterfan.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by harrypotterfan. »

i always put a photo with my letter so that way if they do not have there own photos they can use the ones i send them i send at least two or three photos and that is it. but you do not have to send them photos.
most wanted rachel weisz emma waston shailene woodley zoe kravtis city of bones cast hunger games cast. Harry potter cast melissa mccarthy jenny mccarthy cast of pitch perfect suzanne Collins Anna Kendrick
sarah hyland dominic sherwood cast of the vampier academy the cast of the originals lucy fry bruno mars macklmore Chris pine c c hunter j.k Rowling James and Oliver phelps clemence poesy fault in our stars cast Elle fanning
Lucky Lorri
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lucky Lorri »

Although you don't have to send photos, I think more people have success when they do.

Personally I love sending photo's with requests, I choose a photo based on what I like, it's a photograph that I want to have of that person and although I'm sure they'd send a nice one anyway I think it's better if you choose your own.

I tend to send out 2 photos with my requests, not all celebs will sign both photo's, but some of them do {up}

Good luck
charliestcloud
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by charliestcloud »

You don't have to send a photo or an SASE. But it might be easier if you do. I have had numerous successes of just sending the celeb a letter.
*~When you're heart is in you're dreams, no request is to extreme!!~*
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Autograp ... 0176062093
My MOST Wanted: LIAM HEMSWORTH!!!