Photo or Photocard?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Beire753
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Photo or Photocard?

Post by Beire753 »

I usually send out an 8 x 10 inch picture, but because of the costs (shipping & the making of) I'm going to send out smaller things (lower shipping costs).
So here's my dilemma: A 3.5 inch picture or a photo card?
What do you guys think is best?
Collection: Summer Glau x 2; Leslie Nielsen; Arnold Schwarzenegger; Laura Vandervoort; Jewel Staite; Hugh Laurie; Bear Grylls; Dick van Dyke; Emma Watson; Bradley Coopper; Mark Harmon
Waiting for: Woody Harrelson (SASE); Leonard Nimoy (SASE); Sharlto Copley (SASE); Seth MacFarlane (SASE); Randy Couture (Poster via SASE); Gemma Arterton (SASE)
Ready to send: Felicia Day; Nathan Fillion; Morena Baccarin
Failures: Sylvester Stallone (Doesn't sign); Neil Patrick Harris (RTS); Olivia Wilde (Lost); Dirk Benedict (Refused)
dueby_boys

Re: Photo or Photocard?

Post by dueby_boys »

honestly its all about what YOU want. its true that it lowers the shipping costs but in my own prefrence i love 8x10 photos because i like how they look when i display them. if it all about the money and not being able to afford to always send 8x10's then yeah 3x5's is a good idea OR you could just send 4x6's then buy a 4x6 photo album {up}

and also you could just send 8x10's to tha MAIN PEOPLE that you {??} {??} {??}

hope this helps. {up} good luck.

Dueby
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Photo or Photocard?

Post by Hartster »

3x5s and even 4x6s are too small. To cut costs, I send out 5x7s.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/