How to send an email request?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
silicone-hearts
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

How to send an email request?

Post by silicone-hearts »

Could someone please explain what to put in an email request? How does one normally request an autograph via email? What kind of information should I include when I send a request?

It's been bothering me, because there are a lot of discussions and topics addressing SASEs and snailmail in general, but there's really nothing about email requests.

(or I'm just really dumb.)

:oops:
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: How to send an email request?

Post by jdp3577 »

write it just like you write a regular request, just remember to give them your address at the end of your message
#-John-#
annie985

Post by annie985 »

Also, I'll usually ask something along the lines of "is there a specific address where I can send a formal autograph request?" That way, you're showing that you're willing to pay for the postage.
Autograph Collector since 2008
Favorite Autos: Raynor Arkenbout, John-Paul Lavoisier, Thore Scholerman, Marnie Schulenburg, Christian Bale, Mary Tyler Moore
ginctm
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ginctm »

I use a template to email to politicians, It seems to be effective.

If I email an actor/actress I mention a show or movie made in the middle of his/her career, I just look at IMDB. But I find that it works best to have actually seen the movies and to make spesific comments that show that your interested in the person.

For atheletes I say that I saw them play a while ago and that they played well. II haven't received any successes this way... We'll see if that changes.

It's easy to receive autographs by email, I've gotten over 15 with minimal effort. I'm waiting on more, I havn't been doing this for long and it can take a while for them to send it out.

I've received autographs from as little as:

Please send autograph to :ADDRESS
Celebrities Send ME Autograph Requests.