IRC Pricelist

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: IRC Pricelist

Post by kimmylee »

As you know the size and weight of the item, usps.com has a postal calculator.

International postage is quite a bit more expensive.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
TheCompanion
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheCompanion »

South Africa - R22.10 to buy.
Don't know what they redeem at, though. Bought one yesterday (terribly hard to find!).
They thought that one would be enough to use in the UK, but that's probably rubbish. Wish I'd seen this yesterday, although they only had one in stock.
Requests Pending: Novak Djokovic; David Tennant.

Dedicated Whovian!
Sairentu
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sairentu »

Anybody knows the current value of IRC in Canada?
Favorite successes: Brian May IP, Marion Cotillard, Melanie Laurent, Emma Stone IP, Anna Friel, Lee Pace, Carey Mulligan, Amanda Seyfried, David Suchet, Anneke van Giersbergen IP, Katie Melua IP, Scarlett Johansson IP, Tom Hiddleston IP, Colin Farrell IP, Sean Bean IP
Latest successes: Abbie Cornish, Tatiana Maslany, Rob Brydon, Imogen Poots, Eva Green, Anton Lesser, David Bradley, Heidi Range, Kate Mara, Dakota Fanning, Elle Fanning, Emilia Clarke, Ciaran Hinds, Geoffrey Rush, Iain Glen, Stephen Dillane, Pedro Pascal, Conleth Hill, Tom Wlaschiha, Karine Vanasse, Hayley Atwell, Rosamund Pike, Katie Melua IP, Judi Dench, Charles Dance, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Kerry Ellis IP, Brian May IP
MizzMaggotz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MizzMaggotz »

Just curious here, but Australia still sells the IRCs. Though, after looking online I'm really confused since apparently the UK doesn't sell them now - so does that mean that they are now nonredeemable in the UK????

/already bought some and sent requests... Now I'm worried I've wasted money. :oops:
Autographs Received: Deathstars (Swedish Industrial band) [3 members out of 5)
Recently Posted: Andy Serkis, Robert Carlyle
MOST WANTED: Sir David Attenborough, Sharon Den Adel, ALAN RICKMAN, Robert Carlyle, Craig Ferguson, Stephen Fry, Lana Parrilla, Rob Zombie
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

MizzMaggotz wrote:Just curious here, but Australia still sells the IRCs. Though, after looking online I'm really confused since apparently the UK doesn't sell them now - so does that mean that they are now nonredeemable in the UK????

/already bought some and sent requests... Now I'm worried I've wasted money. :oops:
No need to worry, we in the UK cannot buy them any more but they can still be redeemed.
A country in the UPU (IRC club basically!) can opt not to sell them but they have to redeem them.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
MizzMaggotz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MizzMaggotz »

Thank you Kimmylee! That's good to hear!

So just theoretically, I could just keep using those then? I don't want to be a nuisance, but curious minds have to know :D
Autographs Received: Deathstars (Swedish Industrial band) [3 members out of 5)
Recently Posted: Andy Serkis, Robert Carlyle
MOST WANTED: Sir David Attenborough, Sharon Den Adel, ALAN RICKMAN, Robert Carlyle, Craig Ferguson, Stephen Fry, Lana Parrilla, Rob Zombie
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

MizzMaggotz wrote:Thank you Kimmylee! That's good to hear!

So just theoretically, I could just keep using those then? I don't want to be a nuisance, but curious minds have to know :D
You're not a nuisance, most people here don't bother to thank me when I give help so i'm always really glad when some do :)

Yes you can keep using those, just be sure to send enough to cover the return postage. The current redemption value is £0.88 for each IRC. I see you have been helped with prices already on your other topic. If prices go up, the redemption value also goes up, so use plenty and you should be fine.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
MainManBlade
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MainManBlade »

The link that is mentioned earlier works but there is a flaw in the process. I contacted them about the fan mail process and getting return postage for it. They explained that yes you can buy stamps from that link at Royal Mail but they expire within a week. For fans like us who send LORs to celebrities that piece of fanmail can sit for months, even years before it returns to us.

Is there another way to get British stamps or the equivalent of the old fashioned IRCs without an expiration date on them? The USPS international money orders are not good in the UK either.

Please help!
Most Recently Sent: John Cena, Parker Posey, Jessica Biel
Most Recent Successes: Lupita Nyongo, Sean Bean, Lee Pace
Most Recent In Person: Cress Williams, Orlando Jones
Favorite Autographs: Wesley Snipes (personalized Blade 2 poster), General Collin Powell (personalized My American Journey), John Travolta, Adam West
Favorite Personalization: Jeremy Renner, Cedric the Entertainer, Michael Shannon
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

MainManBlade wrote:The link that is mentioned earlier works but there is a flaw in the process. I contacted them about the fan mail process and getting return postage for it. They explained that yes you can buy stamps from that link at Royal Mail but they expire within a week. For fans like us who send LORs to celebrities that piece of fanmail can sit for months, even years before it returns to us.

Is there another way to get British stamps or the equivalent of the old fashioned IRCs without an expiration date on them? The USPS international money orders are not good in the UK either.

Please help!
That would be online postage, which yes is useless for fanmail. You should be able to buy physical UK stamps from Royal mail but several members here who live outside the UK have had trouble for an unknown reason doing this.

Other alternatives in getting UK stamps are eBay and the Autograph Exchange/Sale section of the forum. I don't know of any members offering them currently although I know lots are asking for them.

Finally you could send currency with your request, our smallest note is £5 and you should be able to get those through a bank or travel agent.

Some people even send a few US $1 and this has been known to work.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Sairentu
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sairentu »

kimmylee wrote:You should be able to buy physical UK stamps from Royal mail but several members here who live outside the UK have had trouble for an unknown reason doing this.
The reason is that there are two sections of the shop - Personal and Business, and foreighners can't order from the latter. I live in Eastern Europe (not even EU) and I can order from Personal Shop without any problems.
Favorite successes: Brian May IP, Marion Cotillard, Melanie Laurent, Emma Stone IP, Anna Friel, Lee Pace, Carey Mulligan, Amanda Seyfried, David Suchet, Anneke van Giersbergen IP, Katie Melua IP, Scarlett Johansson IP, Tom Hiddleston IP, Colin Farrell IP, Sean Bean IP
Latest successes: Abbie Cornish, Tatiana Maslany, Rob Brydon, Imogen Poots, Eva Green, Anton Lesser, David Bradley, Heidi Range, Kate Mara, Dakota Fanning, Elle Fanning, Emilia Clarke, Ciaran Hinds, Geoffrey Rush, Iain Glen, Stephen Dillane, Pedro Pascal, Conleth Hill, Tom Wlaschiha, Karine Vanasse, Hayley Atwell, Rosamund Pike, Katie Melua IP, Judi Dench, Charles Dance, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Kerry Ellis IP, Brian May IP