Photo type help?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
OurCarla
$10 gift certificate winner

Photo type help?

Post by OurCarla »

Hello good afternoon!

I'm Carla, from Spain.

I'm no't sure if to print photos for then the celebrities sign, in mate paper or glossy.

What do you recommend?
weshootyou4285@gmail.com
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Photo type help?

Post by weshootyou4285@gmail.com »

Hi Carla,

I'm a professional photographer since 1975, and recommend glossy in most cases. It gives a sharper, more colorful overall appearance, and is more common. The matte paper would be preferred for a vintage appearance, or to help give a sense of the past. The matte also would be less susceptible to scuffing. More importantly, carry with you, or mail with your request the type of pen or marker you prefer, to be sure to get what you prefer. Sharpies are quite popular, and will dry quickly on most surfaces. Good luck!
OurCarla

Re: Photo type help?

Post by OurCarla »

weshootyou4285@gmail.com wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:45 pm Hi Carla,

I'm a professional photographer since 1975, and recommend glossy in most cases. It gives a sharper, more colorful overall appearance, and is more common. The matte paper would be preferred for a vintage appearance, or to help give a sense of the past. The matte also would be less susceptible to scuffing. More importantly, carry with you, or mail with your request the type of pen or marker you prefer, to be sure to get what you prefer. Sharpies are quite popular, and will dry quickly on most surfaces. Good luck!
Thank you!