Stamps and postal cost

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Kratos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Stamps and postal cost

Post by Kratos »

Hi. 2nd time I’m trying an autograph request. I decided to give it another go after I wrote one for a word processing course. I’ve written a letter to Eliza Dushku. I plan to send it along with two 4x6 photos and a stamped, self-addressed envelope from Ireland to USA.

Is 4 Irish International stamps and 3 Usa Forever stamps enough for postage? The ssae is 180 x 260 mm. The bigger envelope is 324 x 229 mm. Suggestions on alternative envelopes?

Thank you. This is a great website.
BossC1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Stamps and postal cost

Post by BossC1 »

I don't think I've seen a reply for Eliza, but there's always a first time for everything.

I use 6X9 inch envelopes. I generally fold my SASE in half and put it in another 6X9 with the letter and photos. Postage for that size needs 1.40 currently in postage to go from the US to Ireland. Forever stamps are currently .60 each so three covers what you need to send.

Your larger size of envelopes, I think is a minimum of 2.75 (1 ounce) but 3.90 in stamps if it's 2 ounces. That cost is another reason why I send smaller photos to celebrities.

Good luck!

BossC1
Kratos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Stamps and postal cost

Post by Kratos »

Thank you. You’ve been really helpful BossC1. I’ll send off my envelopes and see how it goes.