Question about SASE and IRC coupons

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
nomada9767
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question about SASE and IRC coupons

Post by nomada9767 »

Hello everybody,

I started my adventure with collecting autographs few years ago, but only now I send a LORs to my favourite actors and writers by the mail. I come from Poland and I send my requests mainly to Great Britain and the USA.

The lady in post office in my city told me that IRC coupon will work in Great Britain definitely. But I am not sure how it is about United States. Some of my favourite actresses want to obtain SASE (such as Virginia Madsen). But how do you think - they want to have a stamps already on the envelope, or it is okay to send them an IRC coupon or a few dollars inside?

Another question is - does IRC coupons still work in the USA? I found an info in the Web, that in 2009 some companies retired the IRC coupons. Maybe it is better to buy an American stamps?

Something like that - https://www.amazon.com/Global-Forever-I ... ative=9325

But then question is how many of these stamps should be sticked on the envelope to make sure it will go back to Poland?

Sorry if some of my questions are silly, I am just beginner in this topic.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about SASE and IRC coupons

Post by admin »

Hi nomada9767 :)

Welcome to Fanmail.biz :)

The best solution is probably to buy US Global Forever stamps. Global Forever stamps can be used to mail a 1 ounce letter (28.3495 grams) to any country. Put it on your self addressed envelope.

Fanmail 8)