International Return Postage Help

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
quichelorraine
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

International Return Postage Help

Post by quichelorraine »

Hello all! I've been a longtime lurker here but have finally decided to join. I've had previous success with Grace Slick and Fran Drescher from this site, as well.

Those two successes were from the US, but I hit a bit of a roadblock when attempting to pay for pre-paid postage from France. When I went to mail 3 requests, USPS informed me that I could not get pre-paid return because France doesn't honor US postage. I was also given customs forms, but the worker just told me she doubted that would do anything for me, either.

I was hoping there would be an official way to circumvent this pre-paid return fiasco. When I posted this question to Reddit, the replies were often very vague ("just get French stamps...") and unhelpful, so I am hoping I will finally get an answer from somewhere I have had success with previously. Any advice would be appreciated!

Take care~
quichelorraine [us] :D
quichelorraine
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: International Return Postage Help

Post by quichelorraine »

Oh my! Spam post after spam post. Any humans out there willing to lend me some advice? I’ve been seeing “Global Forever” stamps floating around this site...
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

Buy LaPoste stamps off EBay (2018-present versions)
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/AP135757-FRANCE ... %3A2334524
That's what I do for France (Australia and Germany too)
Just make sure you get enough by checking the LaPoste website for weights/sizes.
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.
quichelorraine
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by quichelorraine »

Thank you both, admin and northwellguy for your help! Much appreciated!